Substantiation of Mining-and-Transportation System Type and Parameters for Mining of Ore Deposits in the Conditions of the on the Kola Peninsula
- 5 Downloads
The technical approach to selection and substantiation of transportation systems for hard-to-access mineral mining in the Arctic is based on complexing computer-aided modeling and technical-and-economic assessment methods. The features of the transportation system design for mountainous and upland-and-flat terrains are described. The obtained relations of transportation cost and volume make it possible to validate the choice of transportation. In terms of the Partomchorr deposit, it is shown that under conditions of upland-and-flat terrain and minor level difference, it is efficient to use motor vehicles in case of small transportation volume (to 2.4 Mt/yr) and cable-and-belt conveying in case of large volume of transportation. For the Chinglusuai deposit situated in the upland country with large level difference, efficiency of cableway haulage with feasibility of energy recovery is substantiated.
KeywordsHard-to-access deposit Arctic zone industrial conveyance and hoistng facilities hybrid mining open pit mine underground mine computer-aided modeling enviornmental constraint technical-and-economic assessment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Russian Federation Government Order No. 130 as of February 8, 2018 on Establishment of Khibiny National Park, Svod zakonov RF, 2018, no. 9, p. 1385.Google Scholar
- 2.Gromov, E.V., Improvement of Low-Grade Ore Mining under Ecological Constraints (in Terms of the Partomchorr Apatite-Nepheline Deposit), Cand. Tech. Sci. Synopsys, Apatity, 2016.Google Scholar
- 3.Lukichev, S.V., Gromov, E.V., Shibaeva, D.N., and Tereshchenko, S.V., Evaluating Efficiency of Ecologically Balanced Mining Technology for Strategic Partomchorr Deposit in the Arctic Zone of Russia, Gornyi Zhurnal, 2017, no. 12, pp. 57–62.Google Scholar
- 4.Grebenshchikov, A.L. and Palamarchuk, N.V., Cable Belts, Gorn. Prom., 2006, no. 4, pp. 15–16.Google Scholar
- 5.Lewis, A. and Grebenshchikov, A.L., Long Cable Belts, Gorn. Prom., 2005, no. 3, pp. 42–47.Google Scholar
- 6.Nagovitsyn, O.V. and Lukichev, S.V., Automated Engineering Tools of Mineframe Software, GIAB, 2013, no. 7, pp. 184–192.Google Scholar
- 7.Zemskov, A.N. and Poletaev, I.G., Overhead Freight Cableways—A Promising Mineral Transportation Facility, Proektirovanie, proizvodstvo i ekspluatatsiya mashin i mekhanizmov dlya gornodobyvayushchei promyshlennosti: sb. trudov (Engineering, Manufacture and Operation of Machines and Mechanisms for Mining Industry: Collected Works), Perm: PKI Gorneftemash, 2003, pp. 24–30.Google Scholar
- 8.Kuleshov, A.A., Vasil’ev, K.A., Dokukin, V.P., and Koptev, V.Yu., Variants of Ore Haulage from Open Pit Mine to Processing Plant at ALROSA, Gornyi Zhurnal, 2003, no. 6, pp. 13–16.Google Scholar
- 9.Bilin, A.L., Gromov, E.V., Toropov, D.A., Comparison of Transportation Schemes in Mineral Mining in Upland Conditions, GIAB, 2017, no 10 (Special issue 23), pp. 117–125.Google Scholar