Enhancing Efficiency of Rock Crushing Screening Utilization
- 14 Downloads
In focus is waste management—utilization of screenings after volcanic rock crushing at broken stone production plants. The authors formulate causes of increased production of screenings and their poor utilization. The composition and properties of screenings of granite, gabbro and hornblendite are determined. High content of dust particles limits the use of screenings in production of concrete and mortar. It is proposed to remove dust from screenings by pneumatic treatment. The test data on air separation of screenings by cross-flow classifier are reported. The efficiency of dry processing of screenings is checked in tests of treated sand behavior in composition of heavy concrete. It is shown that treated sand enhances strength of concrete.
KeywordsVolcanic rock crushing screeenings composition properties dry processing air separation sand application concrete
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dalatkazin, A.A., Crushing Screenings: Problem to be Solved, Stroit. Mater., 2006, no. 8, pp. 28–29.Google Scholar
- 2.Khamidulina, L.D., Garkavi, M.S., Yakubov, V.I., Rodin, A.S., and Kushka, V.N., Crushing Screenings— Efficient Method to Improve Concrete Quality, Stroit. Mater., 2006, no. 11, pp. 50–52.Google Scholar
- 3.Cepuritis, R., Sand from the Rocks, Bulk Solids Handling, 2014, vol. 34, issue 3, pp. 42–48.Google Scholar
- 4.Arsent’ev, V.A., Vaisberg, L.A., and Samukov, A.D., Wasteless Technology for Mass Production of Construction Materialsfrom Igneous Rocks, Gorny Zh., 2014, no. 12, pp. 55–63.Google Scholar
- 9.Novak, V.I., Dressing of Diluted Coal, Ugol’, 2013, no. 1, pp. 54–56.Google Scholar
- 11.Ponomarev, V.B., Processing of Metallurgical Slag by Pneumatic Separation, Stal’, 2015, no, 2, pp. 82–83.Google Scholar
- 14.State Standard GOST 31424-2010. Nonmetallic Construction Materials Made from Screenings of Dense Rock Crushing in Breakstone Production. Specifications, Moscow: Standartinform, 2011.Google Scholar