Producibility of Abrasive Garnet from Garnet–Mica Schist by Electropulse Disintegration
The article reports the research findings on feasibility of abrasive garnet production from garnet–mica schist of Western Keivy deposit on the Kola Peninsula using the method of electropulse disintegration. After the tests of material ground to –1 + 0.25, 90% of pure garnet has been produced. The research shows prospects for electropulse disintegration application in production of pure abrasive garnet chips.
KeywordsGarnet–mica schist West Keivy electropulse disintegration abrasive garnet chips
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Voitekhovsky, Yu.L. Granites of the West Keivy as a Source for the Productione of Abrasive Materials, Proc. 5th All-Russian Sci. Conf.: Efficient Use of Natural and Man-Made Materials in the Barents Region, Apatity: KNTs RAN, 2013, pp. 41–43.Google Scholar
- 2.Voitekhovsky, Yu.L., West Keivy Almandite Deposits, Proc. 11th Conf. Russian Society of Mineralogists: From Theory to Practice of Modern Mineralogy and Fedorov’s Session 2010. Available at: http://www.minsoc.ru/2010-1-116-0.Google Scholar
- 3.Semkin, B.V., Usov, A.F., and Kurets, V.I., Osnovy elektroimpul’snogo razrusheniya materialov (The Principles of Electropulse Discharge Destruction of Materials), Apatity: KNTs RAN, 1995.Google Scholar
- 4.Kurets, V.I., Usov, A.F., and Tsukerman, V.A., Elektroimpul’snaya dezintegratsiya materialov (Electropulse Disintegration of Materials), Apatity: KNTs RAN, 2002.Google Scholar
- 5.Kalyatsky, I.I., Kurets, VI., Tsukerman, V.A., and Finkel’shtein, G.A., Principles of Electropulse Disintegration and Application Prospects in the Industry, Obog. Rud, 1980, no. 1, pp. 6–11.Google Scholar
- 6.Usov, A.F., R&D Experience in the Sphere of Electropulse Destruction of Materials, Uchen. Zapis. PetrGU, 2011, no. 6 (119), pp. 115–120.Google Scholar
- 7.Usov, A.F., Tsukerman, V.A., and Kurets, V.I., Experience of Development of Means for Electropulse Disintegration of Materials, GIAB, 2011, no. 12, pp. 310–319.Google Scholar
- 8.Usov, A.F., and Tsukerman, V.A., Comparison of Efficiency of Disintegration Methods in Gangue and Ore, GIAB, 2002, no. 7, pp. 132–136.Google Scholar
- 9.Usov, A.F., and Tsukerman, V.A. Potential Innovation of Energy-Efficient and Ecology-Friendly Mineral processing Methods Based on Electropulse Destruction of Materiasl, GIAB, 2006, no. 4, pp. 132–138.Google Scholar
- 14.Usov, A.F. and Borodulin, V.V., Electrical Equipment Engineering for the Electropulse Disintegration Plants, Uchen. Zapis. PetrGU, 2010, no. 6 (111), pp. 90–98.Google Scholar
- 15.Usov, A.F. and Potokin, A.S., Conception of Small-Size Mobile Processing Plants Based on the Electropulse Destruction of Materials, GIAB, 2013, no. 2, pp. 260–269.Google Scholar
- 16.Usov, A.F. and Potokin, A.S., Pulsed Conversion of Voltage and Energy for the Electropulse Destruction of Materials, Trudy KNTs RAN Energetika, 2014, no. 7(26), pp. 40–49.Google Scholar