Alteration of water-resistance properties of overburden under influence of sulfuric acid
- 18 Downloads
Integrated development of Volkov copper–iron–vanadium deposit is impossible without heap leaching of copper from old oxidized and complex ore stock pile. The current condition of the stock pile imposes risks of pollution on the Laya River water and on the topmost aquifer groundwater. The natural protection barrier between the groundwater and the old oxidized and mixed ore stock pile is rather good. Permeability of the upper layer of the stock pile, determined by the standard procedure in accordance with the construction norms and regulations, is classified with ambiguousness. For final decision-making after geological engineering survey, permeability characteristics of the upper layer were analyzed using different−concentration sulfuric acid solutions to simulate heap leaching conditions.
KeywordsDeposit stock pile oxidized ore heap leaching
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.O kompleksnoi strategii po obrashcheniyu s otkhodami proizvodstva na territorii Sverdlovskoi oblasti do 2030 goda (Sverdlovsk Regional Government Decree “Integrated Strategy in Industrial Wastes Utilization in the Sverdlovsk Region Territory for the Period up to 2030”), dated October 21, 2013, no. 1259-PP.Google Scholar
- 2.Pyzh’yanov, Yu.B., Copper Mining and Environmental Safety in the Sverdlovsk Region, 2011, URL: http://elar.usfeu.ru.Google Scholar
- 3.Van Pham Hoa, Drebenstedt, C., and Ortuta, J., Advanced Technologies in Monitoring Blast Results in Surface Mines, Resource and Environmental Technologies: Chances of German Vietnamese Cooperation, Breitkreuz C., Bongaerts J. (Eds.), Freiberg: Freiberger Forschungsheft, 2009, pp. 70–77.Google Scholar
- 4.Khalezov, B.D., Vatolin, N.A., Nezhivykh, V.A., and Tveryakov, A.Yu., Heap Copper Leaching at Kounrad Mine, GIAB, 2002, no. 7, pp. 209–217.Google Scholar
- 5.Emlin E.F., Tekhnogenez kolchedannykh mestorozhdenii Urala (Technogenesis of Ural Pyrite Ore Deposits), Sverdlovsk: Ural Univer., 1991.Google Scholar
- 6.Novokshanova, V.N., Lebed, A.B., Vasiliev, V.A., and Naboichenko, S.S, Investigation into Heap Copper Leaching from Volkov Ore, Tsv. Met., 2013, no. 8, pp. 28–31.Google Scholar
- 7.Semyachkov, A., Drebenstedt, K., and Vorob’ev, A.E., Geoekologiya (Geoecology), Ekaterinburg: Ural Gos. Gorn. Univer., 2012.Google Scholar
- 8.Goldberg, V.M. and Gazda, S., Gidrogeologicheskie osnovy okhrany podzemnykh vod ot zagryazneniya (Hydrogeological Basics of Underground Water Protection against Pollution), Moscow: Nedra, 1984.Google Scholar
- 9.GOST 25584-90, as of Sept. 01, 1990.Google Scholar
- 10.Goldberg, V.M., Metodicheskie rekomendatsii po gidrogeologicheskim issledovaniyam i prognozam dlya kontrolya za okhranoi podzemnykh vod (Methodological Procedure for Hydrogeological Exploration and Prediction in Protective Monitoring of Underground Waters), Moscow: Vseros. Nauch. Issled. Ins. Gidrogeol Inzh. Geol., 1980.Google Scholar
- 11.Lomtadze, V.D., Fiziko-mekhanicheskie svoistva gornykh porod. Metody laboratornykh issledovanii (Physico-Mechanical Properties of Rocks. Laboratory Investigation Methods), Textbook, Leningrad: Nedra, Edition II,1990.Google Scholar