Mineralogical test and production research of gold mine waste
- 29 Downloads
Placer gold mining wastes may be assumed an important source to replenish mineral and raw materials supply of the gold mining industry in Russia’s Far East. The tests are carried out on samples of placer gold mine waste of gravel size and fines. The article gives mineralogical and petrographical characteristics of the samples. Admixtures of platinum, silver, titanium and iron are traced in the sample composition. Results of the gravity concentration with the preliminary magnetic separation of the samples are reported. The yield of magnetic fraction makes 39.77%, and it is found that magnetite contains titanium. Gold recovery in the gravity concentrate is 91.6% with 0.06 g/t content of platinum and 57.7 g/t content of silver.
KeywordsMine waste gold platinum recovery gravity concentration magnetic separation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chanturia V.A, Development of Physical and Chemical Fundamentals and Innovative Techniques for High-Level Processing of Mineral Wastes, Gornyi Zh., 2014, no. 7, pp. 79–84.Google Scholar
- 2.Bykhovsky, L.Z. and Sporykhina, L.V, Mineral Wastes as a Raw Mineral Reserve: State of Things and Development Problems, Min. Resur. Ross. Ekonom., Menedzh., 2011, no. 4, pp. 15–20.Google Scholar
- 3.Kavchik, B.K, Geological Structure of Technogenic Placers and its Effect on Selection of Processing Method, Zolotodobycha, 2010, no. 135, pp. 14–19.Google Scholar
- 4.Chemezov, V.V. and Tal’gamer, B.L., Tekhnogennye rossypi (obrazovanie, otsenka i ekspluatatsiya) (Technogenic Placer Foundations: Origin, Assessment, and Exploitation), Irkutsk: IGTU, 2013.Google Scholar
- 5.Shilo, N.A., Uchenie o rossypyakh. Teoriya rossypeobrazuyushchikh rudnykh formatsii i rossypei (Placer Science. Theory of Placer-Forming Ore and Placer Formations), Vladivostok: Dal’nauka, 2002.Google Scholar
- 6.Mamaev, Yu.A., Tekhnogennye rossypi blagorodnykh metallov Dal’nevostochnogo regiona Rossii i ikh ratsional’noe osvoenie (Technogenic Noble Metal Placers in Russian Far East Region and Their Rational Exploitation), Moscow Gornaya Kniga, 2010.Google Scholar
- 7.Van-Van-E, A.P. Resursnaya baza prirodno-tekhnogennykh zolotorossypnykh mestorozhdenii (Natural-Technogenic Gold Placer Resources), Moscow: Gornaya Kniga, 2010.Google Scholar
- 9.Mirzekhanov, G.S, Criteria to Assess Technogenic Gold Placer Formations in Russian Far East, Vestn. KRAUNTs Nauki o Zemle, 2014, no. 1, pp. 139–150.Google Scholar
- 11.Rasskazov, I.Yu., Gurman, M.A., and Litvinova, N.M, Innovation Technologies to Process Noble Metal Containing Mineral Materials of the Far East Origin, Nedropol’zovanie v 20 veke, 2014, no. 2, pp. 38–43.Google Scholar
- 12.Rasskazov, I.Yu., Gurman, M.A., Aleksandrova, T.N., and Shcherbak, L.I, Mineralogical and Technological Peculiarities and Perspectives of Uchaminsky Gold-Arsenic Ore Processing, Tikhookean. Geolog., 2014, no. 4, pp. 75–83.Google Scholar