Calculation of rock mass stresses considering rock mass–support interaction in mines
- 31 Downloads
The article describes a proved method to calculate stress state of support and surrounding rock mass, considering roof and wall rocks displacement until the contact with the support. The method is based on the use of the intact rock mass stiffness matrix formed prior to mining. Modeling of drivage using the method of initial stresses allows splitting the problem into two subproblems: the first subproblem is on mechanical state of rock mass during roof and wall rocks displacement, the second subproblem describes joint deformation of roof rock, walls rocks and support. The cases of stress calculation for rocks and support, considering support installation conditions, are described. The stress behavior depending on the value of roof and wall rocks displacement until the contact with the support is determined. The features of the method application in case of greatly different mechanical characteristics of rocks and support are discussed.
KeywordsRocks underground excavation support stress strain calculation stiffness matrix initial stress method roof and wall rocks displacement contact interaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bulychev, N.S., Mekhanika podzemnykh sooruzhenii v primerakh i zadachakh (Mechanics of Underground Structures in Exercises and Problems), Moscow: Nedra, 1994.Google Scholar
- 3.Bulychev, N.S., Mekhanika podzemnykh sooruzhenii (Mechanics of Underground Structures), Moscow: Nedra, 1994.Google Scholar
- 4.Protosenya, A.G., Dolgy, I.E., and Ogorodnikov, Yu.N., Shakhtnoe i podzemnoe stroitel’stvo v primerakh i zadachakh (Mine and Underground Construction in Exercises and Problems), Saint-Petersburg: Gorn. Inst. Plekhanova, 2003.Google Scholar
- 5.Bulychev, N.S., Fotieva, N.N., and Strel’tsov, E.V., Proektirovanie i raschet krepi kapital’nykh gornykh vyrabotok (Design of Support for Permanent Underground Workings), Moscow: Nedra, 1986.Google Scholar
- 6.Baklashov, I.V. and Kartoziya, B.A., Mekhanika podzemnykh soorizhenii i konstruktsii krepei (Mechanics of Underground Structures and Support Designs), Moscow: Nedra, 1992.Google Scholar
- 7.Nasonov, I.D., Fedyukin, V.A, and Shuplik, M.N., Tekhnologiya stroitel’stva podzemnykh sooruzhenii (Technology of Construction of Underground Structures), Moscow: Nedra, 1992.Google Scholar
- 8.Kartoziya, B.A., Fedunets, B.I. et al., Shakhtnoe i podzemnoe stroitel’stvo: ucheb. dlya vuzov (Mine and Underground Construction: University Textbook) vol. 2, Moscow: AGN, 2003.Google Scholar
- 9.Zienkiewicz, O.C. The Finite Element Method in Engineering Science, McGraw Hill, 1971.Google Scholar
- 10.Kurlenya, M.V., Seryakov, V.M., and Eremenko, A.A., Tekhnogennnye geomekhanicheskie polya napryazhenii (Mining-Induced Geomechanical Stress Fields), Novosibirsk: Nauka, 2005.Google Scholar
- 12.Turchaninov, I.A., Iofis, M.A., and Kaspar’yan, E.V., Osnovy mekhaniki gornykh porod (Fundamentals of Rock Mechanics), Leningrad: Nedra,1989.Google Scholar