Development and Validation of Analytical Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Tazarotene and Hydroquinone in their Gel Formulation by Reversed-phase High Performance Liquid Chromatography
- 45 Downloads
A simple, sensitive, rapid, precise and accurate method has been developed for simultaneous estimation of tazarotene and hydroquinone in their pharmaceutical dosage form (gel preparation). The chromatographic separation was carried out on a reversed-phase Inertsil C18 (4.6 mm I.D. × 250 mm, 5 μm) column using a mobile phase consisting of 0.02 M KH2PO4‒acetonitrile (80 : 20, v/v) at a flow rate of 1.0 mL/min and UV detection at λmax = 254 nm. The method showed linearity with the correlation coefficient of 0.999 for both tazarotene and hydroquinone over the concentration range of 5‒25 and 1‒5 µg/mL, respectively. The mean recoveries were found to be in the range of 98‒101% for both components. The method was validated as per International Conference on Harmonization guidelines for linearity, limit of detection, limit of quantification, specificity, accuracy, precision and robustness. As a result, this method can be successfully applied for routine quantification of tazarotene and hydroquinone in pharmaceutical dosage form (gel preparation).
Keywords:tazarotene hydroquinone simultaneous estimation RP-HPLC
Authors gratefully acknowledge Vice-chancellor, Banasthali Vidyapith for providing necessary research facilities. The financial assistance provided by the DST, New Delhi under the CURIE program is duly acknowledged.
- 2.Tazarotene on Drugs.com. www.drugs.com/search. php?searchterm=tazarotene. Accessed December 18, 2016.Google Scholar
- 3.Sheliya, K., Shah, K., and Kapupara, P., J. Chem. Pharm. Res., 2014, vol. 6, no. 4, p. 934.Google Scholar
- 4.Odumosu, P. and Ekwe, T., Afr. J. Pharm. Pharmacol., 2010, vol. 4, no. 5, p. 231.Google Scholar
- 8.Jogarami, R., Jain, P., and Sharma, S., J. Pharm. Res., 2012, vol. 5, p. 2273.Google Scholar
- 11.Badawy, A.M., El-Alim, A.A., and Saad, A.S., Drug Test. Anal., 2010, vol. 2, p. 130.Google Scholar
- 12.Roy, C. and Chakrabarty, J., J. Sci. Pharm., 2013, vol. 81, no. 4, p. 951.Google Scholar
- 13.Roy, C., Patel, H., and Chakrabarty, J., Indo Am. J. Pharm. Sci., 2012, vol. 3, p. 1400.Google Scholar
- 14.International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) Guidelines Topic Q2(R1): Validation of Analytical Procedures: Text and Methodology, Geneva, 2005. http://www. ich.org/fileadmin/Public_Web_Site/ICH_Products/ Guidelines/Quality/Q2_R1/Step4/Q2_R1__Guideline.pdf. Accessed October 10, 2016.Google Scholar