A Molibdenum(VI)–Gallein–Diphenhydramine Ion Associate and Its Application to the Extraction-Photometric Determination of Diphenhydramine
- 21 Downloads
Optimum conditions for the formation and extraction of a slightly soluble ion associate of diphenhydramine with the anionic complex molibydenum–gallein were determined. The ternary complex was extracted with butanol at pH 4–7. In the presence of diphenhydramine, the color strength became stronger, which was manifested in the absorption spectra as hypsochromic and bathochromic shifts. Some physicochemical characteristics of the complex were determined, the specificity of the reaction with respect to diphenhydramine was studied, and the probable complexation scheme was proposed. It was found that the molybdenum–gallein–diphenhydramine complex forms at a component ratio of 1: 2: 2. A procedure for the extraction–photometric determination of diphenhydramine in injection solutions and tablets was developed (RSD = 15–20%). The linearity range of the calibration graph was 0.02–0.20 mg/mL.
Keywordsion associate extraction spectrophotometry determination of diphenhydramine extraction molybdenum(VI) galleon
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Pilipenko, A.T. and Tananaiko, M.M., Raznoligandnye kompleksy i ikh primenenie v analiticheskoi khimii (Mixed-Ligand Complexes and Their Application in Analytical Chemistry), Moscow: Khimiya, 1988.Google Scholar
- 2.Mirzaeva, Kh.A., Akhmedova, M.S., and Akhmedov, S.A., Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Sev.-Kavk. Reg., Estestv. Nauki, 2010, no. 4, p.71.Google Scholar
- 3.Mirzaeva, Kh.A., Akhmedov, S.A., and Babuev, M.A., Vestn. Dagestan. Nauchn. Tsentra, 2011, no. 40, p.20.Google Scholar
- 4.Mirzaeva, Kh.A., Byurnieva, U.G., Ramazanov, A.Sh., and Kimpaeva, M.M., Farmatsiya, 2012, no. 4, p.18.Google Scholar
- 6.Nazarenko, V.A. and Antonovich, V.P., Trioksifluorony (Trioxyfluorones), Moscow: Nauka, 1973.Google Scholar
- 7.Bulatov, M.I. and Kalinkin, I.P., Prakticheskoe rukovodstvo po fotometricheskim metodam analiza (Practical Guidance on Photometric Methods of Analysis), Leningrad: Khimiya, 1986.Google Scholar
- 8.Antonovich, V.P., Ibragimov, G.I., Grekova, I.M., and Nazarenko, V.A., Zh. Anal. Khim., 1977, vol. 12, no. 5, p.876.Google Scholar
- 9.Mokhosoev, M.V. and Shevtsova, N.A., Sostoyanie ionov molibdena i vol’frama v vodnykh rastvorakh (State of Molybdenum and Tungsten Ions in Aqueous Solutions), Ulan-Ude: Buryatskoe Knizhn. Izd., 1977.Google Scholar
- 10.Melen’t’eva, G.A. and Antonova, L.A., Farmatsevticheskaya khimiya (Pharmaceutical Chemistry), Moscow: Meditsina, 1993.Google Scholar
- 11.Gosudarstvennaya farmakopeya RF (Russian State Pharmacopoeia), Moscow, 2008, 12th ed.Google Scholar