Effect of the Nature of a Quaternary Ammonium Salt and the Addition of a Neutral Carrier on Analytical Characteristics of Sulfate-Selective Electrodes
- 28 Downloads
A film polyvinyl chloride sulfate-selective electrode based on the sterically accessible higher quaternary ammonium salt, 3,4,5-tris(dodecyloxy)benzyl(oxyethyl)3trimethylammonium chloride, using 1-bromonapthalene as a plasticizer and heptyl p-trifluoroacetylbenzoate as a solvating agent was developed. The limit of detection of the electrode was 6.7 × 10−7 M, lifetime was 1 month, and the slope of the electrode function was 27 mV/decade. The electrode is selective in the presence of interfering Cl−, C2O4−, Br−, and NO3−ions. The interference of carbonate ions was eliminated by maintaining pH at 3.2 ± 0.1. Based on IR spectroscopic and potentiometric studies, it is most likely that the solvation of sulfate ions with heptyl p-trifluoroacetylbenzoate occurs through interaction with the trifluoroacetyl carbonyl carbon atom rather than with hydroxyl groups of the hydrate form.
Keywordssulfate-selective electrode sterically accessible quaternary ammonium salt heptyl p-trifluoroacetylbenzoate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 11.Egorov, V.V., Nazarov, V.A., and Okaev, E.B., Vestn. Beloruss. Gos. Univ., Ser. 2, 2005, no. 3, p.9.Google Scholar
- 12.Okaev, E.B., Vestn. Nats. Akad. Nauk Belarusi, Ser. Khim. Nauk, 2005, no. 1, p.53.Google Scholar
- 15.Okaev, E.B. and Stanishevskii, L.S., in Khimicheskie tekhnologii funktsional’nykh materialov: Materialy III Mezhdunarodnoi Rossiisko-Kazakhstanskoi nauchnoprakticheskoi konferentsii (Chemical Technologies of Functional Materials: Proc. III Int. Russian-Kazakhstan Scientific and Practical Conference), Novosibirsk: Novosib. Gos. Tekh. Univ., 2017, p.13.Google Scholar
- 16.Nikol’skii, B.P. and Materova, E.A., Ionoselektivnye elektrody (Ion-Selective Electrodes), Leningrad: Khimiya, 1980.Google Scholar
- 17.Rakhman’ko, E.M. and Matveichuk, Yu.V., Metody Ob”ekty Khim. Anal., 2015, vol. 10, no. 2, p.61.Google Scholar
- 18.Dean, J.A., Lange’s Handbook of Chemistry, New York: McGraw-Hill, 1999.Google Scholar
- 21.Rakhman’ko, E.M., Sloboda, N.A., and Lagunovich, S.A., Zh. Neorg. Khim., 1990, vol. 35, no. 9, p. 2409.Google Scholar
- 25.Smirnova, A.L., Grekovich, A.L., and Materova, E.A., Elektrokhimiya, 1985, vol. 21, p. 1221.Google Scholar