Solid-phase spectrophotometric iodometric determination of nitrite and selenium(IV) using a polymethacrylate matrix
- 96 Downloads
Procedures for the iodometric solid-phase spectrophotometric determination of nitrite and selenium( IV) using a polymethacrylate matrix are proposed. The procedures are based on the reaction of nitrite and selenium(IV) with iodine in an acidic medium with the release of free iodine in amounts equivalent to those of the substances to be determined, extraction of the iodine formed with a polymethacrylate matrix, and measurement of absorbance of the matrix at 370 nm. The developed procedures ensure the determination of 0.01–0.12 mg/L of nitrite and 0.05–0.40 mg/L of selenium(IV) with limits of detection of 0.005 and 0.03 mg/L, respectively. It was shown that the proposed procedures can be applied to the determination of selenium(IV) in mineral water and nitrites in vegetables and soil.
Keywordsselenium(IV) nitrite polymethacrylate matrix iodometry solid-phase spectrophotometry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Babko, A.K. and Pilipenko, A.T., Fotometricheskii analiz. Metody opredeleniya nemetallov (Photometric Analysis. Methods for Determination of Nonmetals), Moscow Khimiya, 1974.Google Scholar
- 9.Trokhimenko, A.Yu. and Zaporozhets, O.A., Khim. Tekhnol. Vody, 2014, vol. 3, no. 5, p. 419.Google Scholar
- 10.GOST (State Standard) 4212-76: Reagents. Methods for preparation of solutions for colorimetric and nephelometric analysis, Moscow: Standartinform, 2008.Google Scholar
- 11.Korostelev, P.P., Prigotovlenie rastvorov dlya khimikoanaliticheskikh rabot (Preparation of Solutions for Chemical and Analytical Works), Moscow Nauka, 1964.Google Scholar
- 12.Gavrilenko, N.A. and Mokrousov, G.M., RF Patent 2272284, Byull. Izobret., 2004, no. 8.Google Scholar
- 13.Rukovodstvo k prakticheskim zanyatiyam po metodam sanitarno-gigienicheskikh issledovanii (Guide to Practical Works on the Methods of Sanitary Research), Podunova, L.G., Ed., Moscow Meditsina, 1990.Google Scholar
- 14.MU (Methodological Guidelines) 5048-89: Guidelines for Determination of Nitrates and Nitrites in Plant Products, Moscow: Standartinform, 1989.Google Scholar
- 15.Gavrilenko, N.A., Sranchina, N.V., and Gavrilenko, M.A., Analitika Kontrol’, 2014, vol. 18, no. 4, p. 424.Google Scholar
- 16.Gavrilenko, N.A., Sranchina, N.V., and Sukhanov, A.V., Analitika Kontrol’, 2015, vol. 19, no. 3, p. 252.Google Scholar