QuEChERS method combined with GC‒MS for pesticide residues determination in water
- 239 Downloads
A miniaturized, QuEChERS based, liquid–liquid extraction method followed by gas chromatography–mass spectrometry was developed and validated for pesticide residues determination in water. Malathion, chlorpyrifos, profenofos, chlorfenapyr, pyriproxyfen, λ-cyhalothrin, coumaphos and α-cypermethrin were selected for this study. The accuracy, precision, specificity, linearity, limit of detection and limit of quantification were evaluated. The recovery ranged from 85.3 to 107% with RSD ranging from 1.8 to 15.4%. The linearity showed reliable range (0.995–0.999). The limit of detection ranged from 0.3 to 4 μg/L. Matrix effect was evaluated. The obtained results meet the European Commission standard legislations, implying that our method can be considered accurate and reproducible. The validated method was used to analyze river and well water samples. No residues of the investigated pesticides were detected in all collected water samples.
KeywordsQuEChERS water pesticide residues GC‒MS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Barceló, D. and Hennion, M.C., Sample handling techniques (extraction and clean-up of samples), in Trace Determination of Pesticides and their Degradation Products in Water, Amsterdam: Elsevier, 1997, p. 249.Google Scholar
- 10.Baez, M.A., Navarro, S., and Solar, A., Bol. Soc. Chil. Quim. (1949–2002), 1999, vol. 44, no. 2, p. 217.Google Scholar
- 15.Pawliszyn, J., Solid-Phase Microextraction: Theory and Practice, New York Wiley, 1997.Google Scholar
- 16.Anastassiades, M., Lehotay, S.J., Stajnbaher, D., and Schenck, F., J. AOAC Int., 2003, vol. 86, no. 2, p. 412.Google Scholar
- 17.Lehotay, S.J., Mastovska, K., and Yun, S.J., J. AOAC Int., 2005, vol. 88, no. 2, p. 630.Google Scholar
- 27.Guidance document on analytical quality control and validation procedures for pesticide residues analysis in food and feed, European Commission Health & Consumer Protection Directorate-General, SANCO/12571/2013, 2013.Google Scholar
- 28.Tomlin, C.D.S., The e-Pesticide Manual, Surrey British Crop Prot. Counc., 2000.Google Scholar
- 32.Nile, Wikipedia. https://enwikipediaorg/wiki/Nile. Cited June 15, 2015.Google Scholar
- 33.Malhat, F. and Nasr, I., Am. J. Water. Res., 2013, vol. 1, no. 1, p. 1.Google Scholar