Determination of hydroxycarboxylic acids in food products by capillary electrophoresis
- 182 Downloads
A procedure for the capillary-electrophoretic determination of lactic, malic, tartaric, and citric acids in food products was developed. The use of 3-nitrobenzoic acid as a light-absorbing component of the running buffer was proposed for the indirect photometric detection of these substances. This considerably increased the determination sensitivity (up to n × 10 μg/L), as compared with currently available analogs. The composition of the running buffer was optimized: 3-nitrobenzoic acid, 10 mM; cetyltrimethylammonium bromide, 0.5 mM; EDTA, 0.1 mM; and monoethanolamine, to pH 5.3. The procedure was tested with the samples of food products: fruits, juices, nectars, wines, beer, etc. The accuracy of the analytical results was confirmed by the standard addition method.
Keywordshydroxycarboxylic acids capillary electrophoresis food products
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ashworth, M.R.F., Titrimetric Organic Analysis, vol. 1: Direct Methods, New York: Inerscience, 1953.Google Scholar
- 2.Mazor, L., Methods of Organic Analysis, Budapest: Akademiai Kiado, 1983.Google Scholar
- 3.Williams, W.J., Handbook of Anion Determination, London: Butterworth, 1979.Google Scholar
- 4.Nesterenko, P.N. and Kebets, P.A., Vestn. Mosk. Univ., Ser. 2: Khim., 2002, vol. 43, p. 34.Google Scholar
- 5.Metodika vypolneniya izmerenii massovoi kontsentratsii organicheskikh kislot v napitkakh metodom vysokoeffektivnoi zhidkostnoi khromatografii (Procedure for the Measurement of the Mass Concentration of Organic Acids in Beverages by High-Performance Liquid Chromatography), Akvilon, Certificate no. 24-08, 2008.Google Scholar
- 6.Komarova, N.V. and Kamentsev, Ya.S., Prakticheskoe rukovodstvo po ispol’zovaniyu sistem kapillyarnogo elektroforeza “Kapel’” (Practical Guidance on the Use of Capel Capillary Electrophoresis System), St. Petersburg: Veda, 2006.Google Scholar
- 12.Metodika vypolneniya izmerenii massovoi kontsentratsii organicheskikh kislot v bezalkogol’nykh i alkogol’nykh napitkakh metodom kapillyarnogo elektroforeza s ispol’zovaniem sistemy kapillyarnogo elektroforeza “Kapel’” (Procedure for the Measurement of the Mass Concentration of Organic Acids in Alcohol and Alcohol-Free Beverages Using Capel Capillary Electrophoresis System), M 04-47-2007, Moscow.Google Scholar