Effect of metastable ions on the formation of mass of spectra of a magnetic instrument with single focusing
- 43 Downloads
Metastable ions play important role in the background formation; therefore, the knowledge of the specific features of their emergence is necessary. In this work, we report the study of the reasons and laws of the formation of ions of this type. A procedure is proposed for the search for precursor and product ions corresponding to metastable ions that decomposed in the field-free zone between the exit from the ion source and an entrance of the magnetic mass-analyzer, and also of ions formed in the accelerating zone of the ion source. Using this procedure we could identify peaks in the mass spectrum unknown previously.
Keywordsmass spectrometry metastable ions accelerating zone background ion current primary ions secondary ions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Anisimova, O.S., Linberg, L.F., and Sheinker, Yu.N., Mass-spektrometriya v issledovanii metabolizma lekarstvennykh preparatov (Mass Spectrometry in the Study of Metabolism of Drugs), Moscow: Meditsina, 1978.Google Scholar
- 2.Sysoev, A.A. and Chupakhin, M.S., Vvedenie v mass-spektrometriyu (Introduction to Mass Spectrometry), Moscow: Atomizdat, 1977.Google Scholar
- 3.Solomein, A.A., Kalinin, B.A., and Aleksandrov, L.M., Analitika Kontrol’, 2003, vol. 7, no. 1, p. 35.Google Scholar
- 4.Barnard, G.P., Modern Mass Spectrometry, London: Institute of Physics, 1953.Google Scholar
- 5.Beynon, J.H., Mass Spectrometry and Its Application to Organic Chemistry, Amsterdam: Elsevier, 1960.Google Scholar
- 6.Lebedev, A.T., Mass-spektrometriya v organicheskoi khimii (Mass Spectrometry in Organic Chemistry), Moscow: Binom, 2003.Google Scholar
- 7.Kalinin, B.A., Atanov, V.E., and Aleksandrov, O.E., Zh. Tekh. Fiz., 2002, vol. 72, no. 5, p. 135 [Tech. Phys. (Engl. Transl.), vol. 47, no. 5, p. 648].Google Scholar
- 8.Kazgov, M.A., Kalinin, B.A., and Volobuev, P.V., Analitika Kontrol’, 2009, vol. 13, no. 4, p. 199.Google Scholar