Evaluating the structure of a ferromagnetic material based on magnetic-field strength between the poles of an attached two-pole magnetizing device
The possibility for using a magnetic structoroscope with a two-pole permanent-magnet magnetizing device to test mechanical properties of stressed-deformed state of articles made of ferromagnetic materials has been investigated. Dependences of equipment readings on the geometrical dimensions of the structuroscope sensor and on the deformation of ferromagnetic material of a sample in tension in the elastic loading–unloading domain are presented for samples made of different ferromagnetic materials.
Keywordsmagnetic structuroscope magnetic-field strength permeability coercive force relative deformation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Tabachnik, V.P., Chernova, G.S., and Fedorishcheva, E.E, Internal-field quality control of articles magnetized with attached electromagnets, Defektoskopiya, 1984, no. 11, pp. 3–7.Google Scholar
- 3.Kostin, V.N., Osintsev, A.A., Stashkov, A.N., Nichipuruk, A.P., Kostin, K.V., and Sazhina, E.Yu., Portable instruments for multiparameter magnetic evaluation of material structures, Russ. J. Nondestr. Testing, 2008, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 280–289.Google Scholar
- 4.Ivan, Tomas and Gabor, Vertesy, Magnetic adaptive testing, Nondestr. Testing Meth. New Appl., 2012, March, pp. 145–186.Google Scholar
- 5.Zakharov, V.A., Molin, S.M., Len’kov, S.V., and Zotov, A.A., RF Patent No. 162212, 2016.Google Scholar
- 6.Zakharov, V.A., Molin, S.M., Len’kov, S.V., and Bezlyud’ko, G.Ya., Structuroscopy of ferromagnetic articles in the mode of applied field of permanent magnets, V Mire Nerazrushayushchego Kontrolya, 2016, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 50–54.Google Scholar
- 8.Zakharov, V.A., Borovkova, M.A., Komarov, V.A., and Muzhitskii, V.F, Effect of external stresses on the coercive force of carbon steels, Defektoskopiya, 1992, no. 1, pp. 41–46.Google Scholar
- 10.Aginei, R.V., Andronov, I.N., and Korepanova, V.S, Analysis of the type of stressed state of the walls of gas pipes by coercimetry, Zavod. Lab., Diagn. Mater., 2008, vol. 74, no. 12, pp. 52–54.Google Scholar