Behavior of lateral-deformation coefficients during elastoplastic deformation of metals
- 15 Downloads
The results of investigations into variation of the coefficients of lateral deformation (the Poisson ratio) during single-axis tension of samples of steel 12Kh18N10T and St3, titanium VT1, the aluminum alloy D16AM, copper M1, and a magnesium alloy are considered. The technique developed on the basis of the optoacoustic effect and simultaneous measurements of the longitudinal and surface speeds of sound in metallic samples during the tension makes it possible to measure the rates at various stages of the deformation process. The data obtained make it possible to construct the dependences of variation of the lateral-deformation coefficients at all stages of the plastic flow. The correlation of these variations both with known processes of structural reconstructions at various stages of plastic flow and with the process of localization of plastic-shear bands in the aluminum alloy is noted.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. I. Trefilov, V. F. Moiseev, and E. P. Pechkovskii, Deformation Hardening and Destruction of Polycrystalline Metals (Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 1987) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.G. Leibfried and V. Ludvig, Theory of Anharmonic Effects in Crystals (Izd. Inostrannoi Literatury, Moscow, 1963) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.V. A. Kuz’menko, New Schemes of Deformation of Solids (Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 1973) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.R. Truell, Ch. Elbaum, and B. Chick, Ultrasonic Methods in Solid State Physics (Academic, New York, 1969).Google Scholar
- 7.L. B. Zuev, V. I. Danilov, and S. A. Barannikova, Physics of Macrolocalization of Plastic Flow (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 2008) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshits, The Theory of Elasticity (Nauka, Moscow, 1965) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.V. E. Gusev and A. A. Karabutov, Laser Optoacoustics (Nauka, Moscow, 1991) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. Sudenkov, B. Zimin, and N. Vovnenko, Thermomechanical Reaction of Solids at Laser Action (Lambert, Saarbrücken, 2011).Google Scholar
- 12.E. V. Lomakin, T. V. Tret’yakova, and V.E. Vil’deman, Docl. Phys. 60 (3), 131 (2015).Google Scholar