A Tidal Semidiurnal Harmonic in the Black Sea Dynamics according to Numerical Modeling Results
The parameters of barotropic and baroclinic oscillations in the subinertial range have been obtained by numerical simulations of the Black Sea circulation using a model developed at the Marchuk Institute of Numerical Mathematics, Russian Academy of Sciences. The structures and periods of barotropic and baroclinic seiches are in good agreement with the known theoretical predictions and results of numerical modeling of seiches obtained for the Black Sea subbasins.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. N. Goryachkin and V. A. Ivanov, Level of the Black Sea: Past, Present, and Future (EKOSI-Gidrofizika, Sevastopol, 2006) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.I. P. Medvedev and E. A. Kulikov, Oceanology (Engl. Transl.) 56 (1), 6–13 (2016).Google Scholar
- 7.Defant, A., Physical Oceanography (Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1961), Vol.2.Google Scholar
- 8.A. S. Blatov and V. A. Ivanov, Hydrology and Hydrodynamic of the Black Sea Shelf Zone (Naukova Dumka, Kyiv, 1992) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.K. V. Konyaev and K. D. Sabinin, Waves Inside the Ocean (Gidrometeoizdat, St. Petersburg, 1992) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.V. A. Ivanov and A. E. Yankovskii, Morsk. Gidrofiz. Zh., No. 2, 44–50 (1988).Google Scholar