Results of Radiocarbon Dating of Holocene Deposits from the Sea of Azov
New data on the absolute age of Quaternary bottom deposits from the Sea of Azov based on the results of radiocarbon analysis (14C) are presented. Overall, 67 radiocarbon dating of bottom deposits of New and Ancient Azov Ages were obtained. The thickness of sediments of the New Azov Age and their distribution over different areas of the Sea of Azov was determined during the study; the results obtained were compared with the reference data available. An integrated approach to the study of deposits, based on the combination of the biostratigraphy methods and the results of absolute age dating, was applied.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. F. Shnyukov, G. N. Orlovskii, V. P. Usenko, et al., Geology of the Sea of Azov (Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 1974) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. P. Khrustalev and F. A. Sherbakov, Late Quaternary Deposits in the Sea of Azov and Conditions for Their Accumulating (Rostov State Univ., Rostov-on-Don, 1974) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.V. N. Semenenko and O. G. Sidenko, in Late Quaternary History and Sedimentogenesis of Marginal and Inland Seas (Nauka, Moscow, 1979), pp. 87–98 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.I. P. Balabanov and Ya. A. Izmailov, Vodn. Resur., No. 6, 54–62 (1988).Google Scholar
- 8.L. A. Nevesskaya and E. N. Nevesskii, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 136 (5), 1193–1196 (1961).Google Scholar
- 9.V. A. Vronskii, Marinopalynology of Southern Seas (Rostov State Univ., Rostov-on-Don, 1976) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.E. Z. Isagulova, Palynology of Sea of Azov (Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 1978) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.I. M. Barg and Yu. G. Yatsenko, in Investigations of Seas’ Coastal Zone (Karbon, Kiev, 2001), pp. 177–185 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.G. V. Kovaleva, K. V. Dyuzhova, and A. E. Zolotareva, in From the Caspian to Mediterranean: Environmental Change and Human Response during the Quaternary (Moscow State Univ., Moscow, 2015).Google Scholar
- 13.G. V. Kovaleva, K. V. Dyuzhova, and A. E. Zolotareva, Nauka Yuga Rossii. 13 (4), 83–92 (2017).Google Scholar
- 14.V. N. Semenenko and N. N. Kovalyukh, Geol. Zh. 33 (6), 91–97 (1973).Google Scholar