Isotopic and Geochemical Characteristics of Western Arctic Ice-Rafted Sediments
- 10 Downloads
The isotope-geochemical characteristics (LaN/YbN, Sm/Nd, εNd(t), 207Pb/206Pb, and 87Sr/86Sr) of ice-rafted sediments in several areas of the Western Arctic (Fram Strait, the Yermak Plateau, the area between Spitsbergen and the North Pole) were studied. A similarity of the above characteristics to the same features of the surface sediments of the Ob and Yenisei estuaries, as well as the mouth areas of the Lena and Indigirka, was found. It was concluded that the main source of sedimentary material in the ice of these regions was the Asian continental margin.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.D. Dethleff and G. Kuhlmann, Polar Res. 29, 265–282 (2010). doi 10.1029/200JC002740Google Scholar
- 7.L. Guo, I. Semiletov, O. Gustafsson, J. Ingri, P. Andersson, O. Dudarev, and D. White, Global Biogeochem. Cycles 18, GB1036 (2004). doi 0.1029/2003GB002087Google Scholar
- 9.A. P. Lisitzin and V. P. Shevchenko, in Encyclopedia of Marine Geosciences, Ed. by J. Harff, M. Meschede, S. Petersen, and J. Thiede (Springer Science+Business Media, Dordrecht, 2016), pp. 288–294.Google Scholar
- 12.W. Schmitt, Dissertation zur Erlangung des Doktorgrades (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, München, 2007).Google Scholar
- 13.S. R. Taylor and S. M. McLennan, The Continental Crust: It’s Composition and Evolution (Blackwell Sci., Oxford, 1985).Google Scholar