First Evidence of Middle Triassic Basic Magmatism in the Southwestern Part of the Dzhugdzhur–Stanovoi Superterrane (Ilikan Terrane)
U–Pb ID–TIMS zircon analyses of the Dzhigda gabbro–gabbrodiorite Massif (Ilikan block in the southwestern part of the Dzhugdzhur–Stanovoi superterrane) have been carried out. The results demonstrate that the formation of the massif at 244 ± 5 Ma corresponds to one of the stages of formation of the Selenga–Vitim volcano–plutonic belt. The latter stretches along the southeastern margin of the North Asian Craton along its border with the Mongol–Okhotsk fold belt. This indicates that the Selenga–Vitim volcano–plutonic belt along with granitoids and volcanics comprises Permian–Triassic massifs and that this belt is superimposed onto structures of not only the Selenga–Stanovoi terrane but also the Dzhugdzhur–Stanovoi terrane.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. L. Dobretsov, Dokl. Earth Sci. 354 (4), 497–500 (1997).Google Scholar
- 2.V. V. Yarmolyuk and V. I. Kovalenko, Russ. Geol. Geophys. 44 (12), 1260–1274 (2003).Google Scholar
- 3.L. P. Parfenov, N. A. Berzin, A. I. Khanchuk, et al., Tikhookean. Geol. 22 (6), 7–41 (2003).Google Scholar
- 4.S. G. Agafonenko, A. L. Yashnov, and Z. P. Kozak, The 1: 200 000 State Geological Map of the Russian Federation, Ser. Stanovaya, Sheet no. N-52-14-Beregovoi, 2nd ed., Ed. by Yu. V. Koshkov (Karpinsky Russ. Geol. Res. Inst., St. Petersburg, 2007).Google Scholar
- 6.K. R. Ludwig, PbDat for MS-DOS. Ver. 1.21, U.S. Geol. Surv. Open-File Rep. No. 88-542 (1991).Google Scholar
- 7.K. R. Ludwig, ISOPLOT/Ex. Ver. 2.06: A Geochronological Toolkit for Microsoft Excel. Berkeley Geochronological Center Special Publication No. 1a (Berkeley Geochronol. Center, Berkeley, CA, 1999).Google Scholar
- 8.R. H. Steiger and E. Jager, Earth Planet. Sci. Lett. 36 (2), 359–362 (1976).Google Scholar
- 10.I. V. Buchko, A. B. Kotov, E. B. Sal’nikova, Yu. P. Volkova, and A. A. Sorokin, in Geodynamic Evolution of Lithosphere of Central Asian Mobile Belt (from Ocean to Continent) (Inst. Earth’s Crust Siberian Branch Russ. Acad. Sci., Irkutsk, 2013), Iss. 11, pp. 41–43 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.I. V. Buchko, Yu. O. Larionova, V. A. Ponomarchuk, et al., in Proc. 6th Russ. Conf. on Isotopic Geochronology, Inst. Precambrian Geol. Geochronol. Russ. Acad. Sci., St. Petersburg, June 2–5, 2015 (Sprinter, St. Petersburg), pp. 47–48 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 13.A. S. Borisenko, V. I. Sotnikov, A. E. Izokh, et al., Geol. Geofiz. 47 (1), 166–182 (2006).Google Scholar