Daily Course of CO2 Fluxes in the Atmosphere–Water System and Variable Fluorescence of Phytoplankton during the Open-Water Period for Lake Baikal according to Long-Term Measurements
- 14 Downloads
The process of gas exchange of CO2 in the atmosphere–water system and its relation to the daily course of variable fluorescence of phytoplankton is studied on the basis of long-term (2004–2014) measurements during the open water period for Lake Baikal. It is found that the decrease in photosynthetic activity of plankton is almost synchronous to the increase in the CO2 flux from atmosphere to water. It follows from comparison of the spring and summer data with December measurements that the daily decrease in variable fluorescence of phytoplankton is caused by the internal daily rhythm of the photosynthetic activity of plankton.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.M. A. Grachev, V. M. Domysheva, T. V. Khodzher, et al., Khim. v Interesakh Ustoich. Razvit., No. 12, 417–429 (2004).Google Scholar
- 6.M. V. Panchenko, V. M. Domysheva, D. A. Pestunov, et al., Opt. Atmos. Okeana 20 (5), 448–452 (2007).Google Scholar
- 7.D. Yu. Korneev, Method of Induction Chlorophyll Fluorescence: Information Possibilities (Al’tpres, Kyiv, 2002) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.K. K. Votintsev, A. I. Meshcheryakova, and G. I. Popovskaya, Cycle of Organic Matter in Lake Baikal (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1975) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.N. A. Bondarenko, O. I. Belykh, N. F. Logacheva, et al., Izv. Irkutsk. Gos. Univ., Ser.: Biol. Ekol. 5 (3), 88–102 (2012).Google Scholar
- 10.V. M. Domysheva, M. V. Sakirko, D. A. Pestunov, et al., Opt. Atmos. Okeana 23 (12), 1067–1074 (2010).Google Scholar
- 12.V. M. Domysheva, M. V. Sakirko, D. A. Pestunov, and M. V. Panchenko, Opt. Atmos. Okeana 25 (9), 826–832 (2012).Google Scholar