New Data on the Age of Gold Mineralization in the Southeastern Part of Eastern Sayan
- 6 Downloads
This article presents new data on the age of the largest gold deposits in the southeastern part of Eastern Sayan. The dates have been obtained by Ar–Ar analysis of micas occurring in gold-bearing quartz veins and mineralized zones. The obtained Ar–Ar ages of fuchsite and sericite from the tectonized and mineralized zones of the Zun–Holba deposit (ore body Severnoye-3), range within 353.9–386.4 Ma; a similar result of 352.9 Ma was yielded by Ar–Ar dating of Cr–muscovite from mylonitized listvenite in the veins of the periphery of the Zun–Ospa gold deposit. However, muscovite from the ore-bearing quartz vein of the Pioneer gold–quartz deposit, located near Zun–Holba, has been dated to 421.9 Ma. The obtained new data on isotopic age of the gold–quartz ores and gold–sulphide–quartz deposits allow recognition of the Early Palaeozoic accretion–collision and the Late Palaeozoic shearing stages of formation of gold mineralization in the SE Eastern Sayan.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.V. I. Grebenshchikova and A. P. Shmotov, Geol. Geofiz. 38 (4), 756–764 (1997).Google Scholar
- 5.S. M. Zhmodik, A. A. Postnikov, M. M. Buslov, et al., Russ. Geol. Geophys. 47 (1), 187–201 (2006).Google Scholar
- 6.P. A. Roshchektaev, A. G. Mironov, G. I. Doroshkevich, et al., Gold of Buryatia, Book 1: Structural and Metallogenic Regionalization, Geological Structure of Deposits, Resource Estimation (Buryat Sci. Center Siberian Branch Russ. Acad. Sci., Ulan-Ude, 2000) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.A. B. Kuz’michev, Tectonic History of Tuva-Mongolian Massif: Early Baikal, Late Baikal, and Early Caledonian Stages (Probel-2000, Moscow, 2004) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.A. G. Mironov and S. M. Zhmodik, Geol. Ore Deposits 41 (1), 46–60 (1999).Google Scholar
- 9.A. G. Mironov, S. M. Zhmodik, Yu. Ch. Ochirov, et al., Geol. Ore Deposits 43 (5), 353–370 (2001).Google Scholar
- 10.V. F. Posokhov, A. G. Mironov, and E. D. Utina, in Annual-94 (Geol. Inst. Siberian Branch Russ. Acad. Sci., Ulan-Ude, 1994), Iss. 1, pp. 11–13 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.G. A. Feofilaktov, Geol. Rudn. Mestorozhd. 34 (4), 100–106 (1992).Google Scholar
- 15.A. G. Mirionov, H. Stein, A. Zimmerman, et al., in Mineral Deposit Research: Meeting the Global Challenge. Proc. Eighth Biennial SGA Meet., Beijing, China, August 18–21, 2005, Ed. by J. Mao and F. P. Bierlein (Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2005), Chap. 7, pp. 797–799.Google Scholar