Geographical factors of the abundance of flora in Russian cities
An analysis of data on the species abundance of flora in 89 cities (urban flora) of the Russian Federation facilitated determination of its main factors. It has been revealed that the factors determining the abundance of native and alien components of urban flora vary. The city area and population number are the main factors of the total number of species and of the abundance of native species in urban flora. The diversity and participation of alien species increase in parallel with. the urbanization rate, anthropogenic transformation of the regions, and the age of cities and are in adverse correlation with the climate severity.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. I. Malyshev, Bot. Zh. (St.-Peterburg, Russ. Fed.) 88 (8), 28–36 (2003).Google Scholar
- 2.O. V. Morozova, East European Taxonomic Diversity: Factors of Spatial Differentiation (Nauka, Moscow, 2008) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. I. Chernov, Ecology and Biogeography. Selected Works (KMK, Moscow, 2008) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.S. Clemants and G. Moore, Urban Habitats 1 (1), 4–16 (2003). http://www.urbanhabitats.org.Google Scholar
- 6.V. K. Tokhtar’ and O. V. Fomina, Nauchn. Vedomosti Belgorod. Gos. Univ. Ser. Estestv. Nauki, No. 9 (15), 23–28 (2011).Google Scholar
- 7.S. A. Senator, N. V. Kostina, and S. V. Saksonov, Vestn. Udmurt. Univ. Ser. Biol. Nauki Zemle, No. 2, 23–29 (2013).Google Scholar
- 8.A. Ya. Grigor’evskaya, Flora of Voronezh City (Voronezh State Univ., Voronezh, 2000) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.A. Ya. Grigor’evskaya, L. A. Lepeshkina, and D. S. Zelepukin, Samar. Luka: Probl. Reg. Global’noi Ekol. 21 (1), 5–158 (2012).Google Scholar
- 10.A. I. Tolmachev, Vestn. Leningr. Univ., Biol., No. 9 (2), 71–83 (1970).Google Scholar
- 11.A. S. Tretyakova, Samar. Nauchn. Vestn., No. 1, 66–71 (2016).Google Scholar