Analytical continuation of gravitational and magnetic fields through masses
- 17 Downloads
A new method of analytic continuation of gravitational and magnetic fields, which is based on the theory of continued fractions, is proposed. The method allows calculation of the geophysical fields of various origins by their measurements on the surface at depths above and below the sources of anomalies, as well as direct determination of the depth and forms of these sources without a priori information. The calculation results are given in examples of theoretical models, which prove the efficiency of the method.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. A. Andreev and I. G. Klushin, Geological Interpretation of Gravitational Anomalies (Gostoptekhizdat, Leningrad, 1962) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.I. N. Bekman, Radiochemistry 41 (2), 141–148 (1999).Google Scholar
- 4.K. M. Ermokhin, Geoinformatika, No. 2, 51–60 (2010).Google Scholar
- 5.V. N. Strakhov, Extended Abstract of Candidate’s Dissertation in Engineering (Inst. Physics Earth USSR Acad. Sci., Moscow, 1962).Google Scholar
- 6.Analytical Continuation of Potential Fields. Gravitational Survey. Handbook for Geophysicist, Ed. by E. A. Mudretsova and K. E. Veselov, (Nedra, Moscow, 1990) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.P. K. Suetin, Classical Orthogonal Polynomials (Nauka, Moscow, 1979) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.Montaj Geophysycs. Ver. 6.2. User’s Guide (2007). http://www.geosoft.com.Google Scholar
- 12.B. Viskovatov, Mem. Acad. Imp. Sci. St.-Petersbourg, No. 1, 226–247 (1805).Google Scholar