The first data on U–Pb (SHRIMP) dating of zircon from metamorphic rocks of the crystalline base of the Taigonos-Paren Uplift (southern margins of the Omolon Massif)
- 18 Downloads
U–Pb SHRIMP dating of zircons from metamorphic rocks of the crystalline basement of the Omolon-Taigonos area (northeastern margins of Asia) has been used to determine the periods of early endogenic activity of the crust. These periods correlate to the time of formation of the magmatic rock protolith (3.2–3.3 Ga), the stage of regional metamorphism (2.6–2.8 Ga), and the superimposed granitization. The resulting data can be used to reconstruct the history of development of the crust in the Precambrian.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. L. Zhulanova, The Earth’s Crust of the North-East of Asia in Precambrian and Phanerozoe (Nauka, Moscow, 1990) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.I. N. Kotlyar, I. L. Zhulanova, T. B. Rusakova, et al., Isotopic Systems of Magmatic and Metamorphic Complexes in the North-East of Asia (Shilo North-Eastern Complex Sci. Res. Inst. Far-Eastern Branch Russ. Acad. Sci., Magadan, 2001) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.A. D. Chekhov, Tectonic Evolution of the North-East of Asia (Nauchn. Mir, Moscow, 2000) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.V. M. Shevchenko, The Archaean and Proterozoic of Omolon Massif. Petrology and Isotopic Age (North-Eastern Sci. Center Far-Eastern Branch Russ. Acad. Sci., Magadan, 2006) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.E. A. Landa, B. A. Markovskii, S. S. Shevchenko, et al., in Proc. All-Russ. Conf. Dedicated to the 90-th Anniversary of Academician N. A. Shilo “Geodynamics, Magmatism, and Minerageny of the North Pacific Continental Margins (Magadan, 2003), pp. 139–142.Google Scholar
- 7.E. V. Bibikova, The Early Stages of Ancient Cratons Evolution: Uranium-Plumbic Geochronology (Nauka, Moscow, 1989) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.A. B. Kotov, Extended Abstract of Doctoral Dissertation in Geology and Mineralogy (Inst. Precambrian Geol. Geochronol. Russ. Acad. Sci., St. Petersburg, 2003).Google Scholar