Current trends of ice coverage changes in the Franz Josef Land Archipelago area
The data on the ice distribution in the Franz Josef Land Archipelago area during the 2010/2011 and 2014/2015 ice seasons depending on climate oscillations are presented with consideration of the dynamics of the annual and seasonal variations in the main parameters of the ice regime (ice coverage area, position of the ice edge, duration of the ice period). Using the data on the ice coverage in the Barents Sea from the electronic database, a comparative analysis of changes in the average seasonal parameters of the ice regime is performed for the Franz Josef Land Archipelago and the entire Barents Sea.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hydrometeorology and Hydrochemistry of the USSR Seas, Vol. 1: Barents Sea, Iss. 1: Hydrometeorological Conditions, Ed. by F. S. Terziev (Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad, 1990) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.G. K. Zubakin, in Proc. 10th Int. Sci. Conf. “Nature of European Arctic Shelf and Archipelagoes. Compound Investigations of Spitsbergen Nature,” Murmansk, October 27–30, 2010 (GEOS, Murmansk, 2010), Iss. 10, pp. 138–144.Google Scholar
- 4.V. P. Karklin, A. V. Yulin, I. D. Karelin, and V. V. Ivanov, Tr. Arkt. Antarkt. Nauchno-Issled. Inst. 443, 5–11 (2001).Google Scholar
- 6.G. G. Matishov, S. L. Dzhenyuk, A. P. Zhichkin, and D. V. Moiseev, Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Geogr., No. 3, 17–32 (2011).Google Scholar
- 8.E. U. Mironov, Ice Conditions in Greenland and Barents Seas and their Long-Term Prediction (State Sci. Center of the Russian Federation the Arctic and Antarctic Res. Inst., St. Petersburg, 2004) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.National Snow and Ice Data Center. http://nsidc.org/cgi43in/bist/bist.pl7config=nic_climo.Google Scholar
- 10.Review Ice Charts for the Arctic Ocean. State Scientific Center of the Russian Federation the Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute. http://www.aari.ru/projects/ ECIMO/index.php.Google Scholar
- 11.I. E. Frolov, Z. M. Gudkovich, V. P. Karklin, et al., Probl. Arkt. Antarkt., No. 75, 149–160 (2007).Google Scholar
- 12.I. E. Frolov, Z. M. Gudkovich, V. P. Karklin, et al., Probl. Arkt. Antarkt., No. 2 (85), 52–61 (2010).Google Scholar