Inclusions of crichtonite group minerals in pyropes from the Internatsionalnaya kimberlite pipe, Yakutia
- 54 Downloads
The results of study of crichtonite group minerals in pyropes from the Internatsionalnaya kimberlite pipe are reported. Most of the studied samples are characterized by high concentrations of Sr, Ca, Na, and LREEs in comparison with minerals of the LIMA series from kimberlites of South Africa, whereas the average concentrations of Ba and K are significantly lower. Crichtonite group minerals in pyropes are characterized by predomination of Na over K in most samples and by a high concentration of Al2O3 (up to 4.5 wt %). Findings of inclusions of crichtonite group minerals with high concentrations of incompatible elements provide evidence for the metasomatic origin of host chromium-rich pyropes.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. E. Haggerty, Rev. Miner. Geochem. 25, 355–416 (1991).Google Scholar
- 2.S. E. Haggerty, J. R. Smyth, A. J. Erlank, et al., Am. Mineral. 68, 494–505 (1983).Google Scholar
- 5.S. Vrana, J. Geosci. 53 1, 17–30 (2008).Google Scholar
- 6.S. I. Kostrovitskiy and V. K. Garanin, Zap. Vsesoyuz. Miner. Obshch. 121 1, 67–72 (1992).Google Scholar
- 7.D. A. Varlamov, V. K. Garanin, and S. I. Kostrovitskiy, Dokl. Akad. Nauk 345 3, 364–366 (1995).Google Scholar
- 8.N. V. Sobolev, E. S. Yefimova, F. V. Kaminsky, et al., in Proc. Int. Symp. on Composition and Processes of Deep Seated Zones of Continental Lithosphere (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1988), pp. 185–186.Google Scholar
- 10.G. L. Davis, N. V. Sobolev, and A. D. Khar’kiv, Dokl. Akad. Nauk 254 1, 175–179 (1980).Google Scholar
- 11.N. V. Sobolev, Geol. Geofiz. 12 3, 70–80 (1971).Google Scholar
- 13.D. G. Pearson, S. B. Shirey, R. W. Carlson, et al., Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta 59, 959–977 (1995).Google Scholar
- 14.N. Shimizu, N. V. Sobolev, and E. S. Efimova, Geol. Geofiz. 38 3, 337–352 (1997).Google Scholar
- 15.N. P. Pokhilenko, N. V. Sobolev, S. S. Kuligin, and N. Shimizu, in Proc. 7th Int. Kimberlite Conf. (Cape Town, 1999), Vol. 2, pp. 689–698.Google Scholar