Study of a High-Frequency Copper Bromide Vapor Active Medium in the Superradiance Mode
- 18 Downloads
Results of the experimental study of two high-frequency active elements of different sizes of a CuBr laser operating in the generator, single-pass amplification, and superradiance modes are presented. A pulse repetition rate of 195 kHz is attained for the first time in the supperradiance mode. Using the method of express estimation of the radial profile, it is shown that the gain profile does not change significantly throughout a wide pulse repetition rate range (up to 195 kHz) in the case of a small-diameter active element.
Keywordscopper bromide vapor active medium laser monitor pulse repetition rate radial profile supperradiance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. A. Pasmanik, K. I. Zemskov, and M. A. Kazaryan, Optical Systems with Brightness Amplifiers (IAP AS USSR, Gor’kii, 1988) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.S. N. Torgaev, M. V. Trigub, G. S. Evtushenko, and T. G. Evtushenko, “High PRF metal vapor laser active media for visual and optical monitoring,” J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 671, 012060 (2016).Google Scholar
- 9.M. V. Trigub, K. V. Fedorov, and G. S. Evtushenko, “Remote object visualization using a laser monitor with a typical pulse duration of CuBr brightness amplifier,” Opt. Atmos. Okeana 28 (9) 850–853 (2015).Google Scholar
- 13.M. V. Trigub, S. N. Torgaev, G. S. Evtushenko, and D. V. Shiyanov, “Technique for estimation of a CuBrlaser radiation radial profile,” in Proc. of LPM-2012, Sochi, September 24–28, 2012 (YuFU, Rostov-on-Don, 2012), p. 82 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 15.N. A. Vasnev, M. V. Trigub, V. O. Troitskii, V. A. Dimaki, and V. V. Vlasov, “Recovery of steadystate lasing in CuBr laser,” Opt. Atmos. Okeana. 30 (3), 259–263 (2017).Google Scholar
- 19.M. V. Trigub, M. V. Burkov, P. S. Lyubutin, and S. N. Torgaev, “Investigation of distortions of images formed by a CuBr laser monitor,” Opt. Atmos. Okeana 29 (10), 850–854 (2016).Google Scholar