Detection of Schools of Marine Fish Using Polarization Laser Sensing
- 7 Downloads
General regularities of lidar returns in the sensing of the water column containing pelagic fish schools are investigated by the Monte Carlo method. Based on results of statistical simulation of depth profiles of lidar return power and depolarization, we propose a method of polarization laser sensing of marine fish schools based on a comparison of numerical values of the lidar return power and depolarization with their threshold levels determined by the sea water extinction index in the fishery region.
Keywordsairborne lidar polarization ocean optics bioproductivity remote sensing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. B. Yudovich and A. A. Baral, Exploratory Fishing (Pishchevaya promyshlennost’, Moscow, 1968) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.K. Fredriksson, B. Galle, K. Nystrom, S. Svanberg, and B. Ostrom, Underwater Laser-Radar Experiments for Bathymetry and Fish-School Detection. Göteborg Institute of Physics Reports GIPR-162 (Chalmers University of Technology, Göteborg, 1978).Google Scholar
- 10.V. S. Shamanaev, M. M. Krekova, and I. E. Penner, “The effect of optical characteristics of water on lidar bathimetry,” in Abstr. of “Workshop on Lidar Remote Sensing of Land and Sea”, May 6–8, 1991, Florence, Italy, p.37.Google Scholar
- 11.V. S. Shamanaev, M. M. Krekova, and I. E. Penner, “Polarization Characteristics for Lidar Returns Under the Sea Water,” in Abstr. of “Workshop on Lidar Remote Sensing of Land and Sea”, May 6–8, 1991, Florence, Italy, p.38.Google Scholar
- 12.M. M. Krekova, G. M. Krekov, V. S. Shamanaev, and I. E. Penner, “Estimates of polarization characteristics of lidar signal from sea water containing the stratified inhomogeneities,” Atmos. Ocean. Opt. 7 (1), 35–39 (1994).Google Scholar
- 13.V. S. Shamanaev, I. E. Penner, G. P. Kokhanenko, and M. M. Krekova, “Aircraft lidar for ocean sounding,” Nauka Proizvodstvu, No. 9 (65), 20–23 (2003).Google Scholar
- 14.USSR Inventor’s Certificate No. 1119456, Byull. Izobret., No. 34 (1992).Google Scholar