Localized High-Intensity Light Structures during Multiple Filamentation of Ti:Sapphire-Laser Femtosecond Pulses along an Air Path
- 18 Downloads
The results of experimental studies of the transverse structure of a laser beam after multiple filamentation are presented. A ring structure of radiation is formed around individual filaments in a beam cross section inside the multiple filamentation domain, and at a dozen meters from it a common ring structure starts forming surrounding postfilamentation light channels (PFC). It is shown that the spectra of the PFC, rings, and beam are significantly different. The ring spectrum broadens asymmetrically relative to the carrier wavelength and is mainly concentrated in the short wavelength region. The PFC spectrum has a significant and more symmetrical broadening and covers the range 630–1000 nm.
Keywordslaser radiation femtosecond pulse self-focusing filamentation postfilamentation light channels air
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Self-Focusing: Past and Present. Fundamentals and Prospects, Ed. by R.W. Boyd, S.G. Lukishova, and Y.R. Shen (Springer, Berlin, 2009), p. 3–19.Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. E. Geints, A. A. Zemlyanov, A. M. Kabanov, and G. G. Matvienko, Nonlinear Femtosecond Atmospheric Optics, Ed. by A.A. Zemlyanov (Publishing House of IAO SB RAS, Tomsk, 2010) [in Russian]Google Scholar
- 10.D. V. Apeksimov, A. A. Zemlyanov, A. N. Iglakova, A. M. Kabanov, O. I. Kuchinskaya, G. G. Matvienko, V. K. Oshlakov, and A. V. Petrov, “Postfilamentation channels of terawatt pulses Ti:sapphire-laser in distribution on 150-meter track,” Proc. SPIE 10035, CID: 1003 2M [10035–251] (2016).Google Scholar
- 12.D. V. Apeksimov, S. S. Golik, A. A. Zemlyanov, A. N. Iglakova, A. M. Kabanov, O. I. Kuchinskaya, G. G. Matvienko, V. K. Oshlakov, A. V. Petrov, and E. B. Sokolova, “Multiple filamentation of collimated laser radiation in water and glass,” Atmos. Ocean. Opt. 29 (2), 135–140 (2016).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.M. Born and E. Wolf, Principles of Optics (Pergamon Press, 1970), 4th ed.Google Scholar
- 14.Yu. E. Geints, D. V. Apeksimov, and A. V. Afonasenko, RF Certificate of Registration of Computer Program No. 2014616871 (June 7, 2014).Google Scholar