Photophoresis of fractal-like soot aggregates: Microphysical model, comparison with experiment, and possible atmospheric manifestations
- 8 Downloads
A microphysical model describing the photophoretic motion of soot aggregates with allowance for their fractal structure is presented. The comparison with known experimental data has been performed and their good qualitative and quantitative agreement has been found. The calculated characteristics of the motion of fractal-like soot aggregates in the atmospheric radiation field are presented. It is shown that photophoretic effects for soot aerosol under conditions of a steady-state atmosphere in the model for fractal-like particles manifest themselves most significantly at heights of the upper troposphere and middle stratosphere.
Keywordssoot aerosol photophoresis fractal-like particles stratosphere
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.S. A. Beresnev and L. B. Kochneva, “Radiation absorption asymmetry factor and photophoresis of aerosols,” Atmos. Ocean. Opt. 16 (2), 119–126 (2003).Google Scholar
- 3.F. D. Kovalev, Candidate’s Dissertation in Mathematics and Physics (Yekaterinburg State University, Yekaterinburg, 2003).Google Scholar
- 6.S. A. Beresnev, L. B. Kochneva, V. I. Zakharov, and K. G. Gribanov, “Photophoresis of soot aerosol in the Earth thermal radiation field,” Opt. Atmos. Okeana 24 (7), 597–600 (2011).Google Scholar
- 8.S. A. Beresnev, M. S. Vasiljeva, V. I. Gryazin, and L. B. Kochneva, “Photophoretic motion of fractal-like soot aggregates: Experiment and theory comparison,” Proc. SPIE—Int. Soc. Opt. Eng. 9292, Paper No. 92920Z (2014).Google Scholar
- 14.Heat Conductivity of Solid Bodies: Reference Book, Ed. by A.S. Okhotin (Energoatomizdat, Moscow, 1984) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 15.S. A. Beresnev, M. S. Vasiljeva, V. I. Gryazin, and L. B. Kochneva, “Modeling of microphysical characteristics for fractal-like soot aggregates: The effective heat conductivity,” Proc. SPIE—Int. Soc. Opt. Eng. 9680 (2015). doi 10.117/12.2205019Google Scholar
- 16.S. A. Beresnev, M. S. Vasiljeva, V. I. Gryazin, and L. B. Kochneva, “Photophoresis of fractal-like soot aggregates: Possible atmospheric applications,” Proc. SPIE—Int. Soc. Opt. Eng. 10035, Paper No. 10035-62 (2016).Google Scholar