Stream Line Doppler lidar measurements of wind speed and direction with the duo-beam method in the surface air layer
The results of retrieval of wind speed and direction from measurements of radial velocity by a Stream Line pulsed coherent Doppler lidar using the duo-beam method and conical scanning are presented. These results are compared with data of a sonic anemometer (point sensor).
Keywordscoherent Doppler lidar sonic anemometer wind duo-beam method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Banakh and I. N. Smalikho, Coherent Doppler Wind Lidars in Turbulent Atmosphere (Publishing House of IAO SB RAS, Tomsk, 2013) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.I. N. Smalikho, V. A. Banakh, A. V. Falits, and Yu. A. Rudi, “Determination of the turbulent energy dissipation rate from data measured by a “Stream Line” lidar in the atmospheric surface layer,” Opt. Atmos. Okeana 28 (10), 901–905 (2015).Google Scholar
- 9.G. P. Kokhanenko, Yu. S. Balin, M. G. Klemasheva, I. E. Penner, S. V. Samoilova, S. A. Terpugova, V. A. Banakh, I. N. Smalikho, A. V. Falits, T. M. Rasskazchikova, P. N. Antokhin, M. Yu. Arshinov, B.D. Belan, and S. B. Belan, “Structure of aerosol fields of the atmospheric boundary layer according to aerosol and Doppler lidar data during passage of atmospheric fronts,” Atmos. Ocean. Opt. 30 (8), 18–32 (2017).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.V. A. Banakh, I. N. Smalikho, A. A. Sukharev, and A. V. Falits, “Lidar visualization of jet flows and internal gravity waves in the atmospheric boundary layer,” Opt. Atmos. Okeana 29 (8), 694–702 (2016).Google Scholar
- 14.I. N. Smalikho, E. L. Pichugina, V. A. Banakh, and A. Brewer, “Pulsed coherent lidar measurements of wind-turbine generated wake under different atmospheric conditions,” Izv. Vyssh. Ucheb. Zaved. Fiz. 55 (8), 91–95 (2012).Google Scholar