Europium vapor laser
- 24 Downloads
The results of an experimental study of a gas-discharge Ne–Eu laser are presented. In this work, lasing lines, pulse shapes in the europium atom and ion are identified under the conditions of this experiment. The effects of the buffer gas pressure and pulse repetition rate on the energy characteristics of the laser are ascertained; their optimal values are found. It is shown that the output power is 1 W at the 1759 nm line and 70 mW at the 664.5 nm line for the corresponding transitions under optimal operating conditions.
Keywordsmetal vapor lasers gas discharge excitation lasing in europium atoms lasing in europium ions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. M. Batenin, P. A. Bokhan, V. V. Buchanov, G. S. Evtushenko, M. A. Kazaryan, V. T. Karpukhin, I. I. Klimovskii, and M. M. Malikov, Self-Contained Metal Atom Lasers-2 (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2011) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.C. E. Little, Metal Vapor Lasers. Physics, Engineering & Applications (Willey & Sons, Chichester, 1998).Google Scholar
- 3.G. S. Evtushenko, D. V. Shiyanov, and F. A. Gubarev, Metal Vapor Lasers with High Pulse Repetition Rates (Izd-vo Tom. Politekhn. Univ., Tomsk, 2010) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.A. N. Soldatov, A. G. Filonov, Yu. P. Polunin, and A. V. Vasil’eva, “A master oscillator-power amplifier system based on a 20 W average power strontium-vapor laser,” Atmos. Ocean. Opt. 21 (8) 572–574 (2008).Google Scholar
- 13.V. M. Klimkin, V. E. Prokop’ev, and V. G. Sokovikov, “An experimental study of the correlation between ion and atomic spectra of Eu in the He–Eu mixture,” Atmos. Ocean. Opt. 6 (6), 371–374 (1993).Google Scholar
- 14.V.G. Sokovikov, “Investigation of two-photon selective ionization in vapors of alkaline earth and rare earth elements,” Atmos. Ocean. Opt. 25 (12), 190–197 (2012).Google Scholar
- 15.B. M. Klimkin, “Metallization of cells in pulsed lasers. Causes and effects,” Atmos. Ocean. Opt. 13 (12), 1020–1023 (2000).Google Scholar