Experimental study of the influence of optical characteristics of a medium on the image quality in optoelectronic systems with backscattered noise signal selection
- 19 Downloads
Results of the experimental study of the influence of turbid media (fog and smoke) on the quality of images of objects observed through the media using active pulsed optoelectronic systems (OES) operating with a permanently open receiver and with its control (in the mode of backscattered noise signal selection) are considered. It is experimentally confirmed that the quality of images of objects screened by a turbid medium in active pulsed OES with backscattered noise signal selection can be almost 10 times higher than in the case of operation with a permanently open receiver. The image quality of vision systems with controllable reception is affected not only by the optical length of the observation path but also by such parameters as the mean particle size and their scattering and absorption properties.
Keywordsactive pulsed optoelectronic systems (OES) with controllable receiver frequency-contrast characteristics mires smoke fog laboratory experiments
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. L. Wolf, “The infrared system. Design process,” Photon. Spectra, No. 3, 191–202 (2001).Google Scholar
- 2.Patent EP No. 0 468 175 A2 (January 29, 1992).Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Belov, G. G. Matvienko, R. Yu. Pak, D. V. Shiyanov, R. Yu. Kirpichenko, M. I. Kuryachii, I. N. Pustynskii, and Yu. A. Shurygin, “Active TV vision systems with scattering background selection,” Datchiki Sistemy, No. 3, 25–30 (2012).Google Scholar
- 5.V. G. Volkov, “Methods of modernizing of head-up gated viewing night vision devices,” Oboronnyi Komplex— Nauch.-Tekhnich. Progressu Rossii, No. 4, 60–63 (2011).Google Scholar
- 10.R. F. Rakhimov, V. S. Kozlov, A. G. Tumakov, and V. P. Shmargunov, “Optical and microphysical properties of the pyrolysis smoke from measurements by the use of the 4-wavelength polarization spectronephelometer,” Opt. Atmos. Okeana 26 (12), 1045–1053 (2013).Google Scholar
- 11.G. D. Burdun and B. N. Markov, Foundations of Metrology (Izd-vo Standartov, Moscow, 1985) [in Russian].Google Scholar