Spatial-temporal variability of ground-level ozone in St. Petersburg, Kirov region, and Crimea in 2011–2012
- 24 Downloads
Temporal variations in the concentrations of tropospheric ozone in St. Petersburg (Russia), a lowurbanized area in the south of Kirov region (the town of Vyatskiye Polyany), and in the Karadag Nature Reserve in Crimea are presented. The dynamics of ground level ozone concentrations in these regions is analyzed and basic features of the seasonal and diurnal variations are found. The latitudinal dependence of the ground level ozone concentrations is shown.
Keywordsground level ozone boundary air layer latitudinal dependence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.M. Amann, D. Derwent, B. Forsberg, O. Hanninen, F. Hurley, M. Krzyzanowski, F. de Leeuw, S. J. Liu, C. Mandin, J. Schneider, P. Schwarze, and D. Simpson, Health Risks of Ozone from Long-range Transboundary Air Pollution, WHO, 2008. http://www.euro. who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/78647/E91843.pdf.Google Scholar
- 3.L. A. Chambers, S. S. Griswold, and H. L. Motley, “Report of a case of exposure to high ozone concentrations for two hours,” AMA Arch. Ind. Health., No. 15, 108–110 (1957).Google Scholar
- .Proc. of the 2nd International Workshop “Problems of Surface Ozone Monitoring and Approaches to Neutralization of Its Hazardous Impact” (P.N. Lebedev Physcial Institute RAS, Moscow, 2013) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.A. M. Zvyagintsev, N. S. Ivanova, G. M. Kruchenitskii, V. P. Chelibanov, S. N. Kotel’nikov, and V. A. Lapchenko, “Ozone content over the Russian Federation in 2012,“ Rus. Meteorol. Hydrol. 38 (2), 134–139 (2013).Google Scholar
- 6.B. D. Belan, Tropospheric Ozone (Publishing House of IAO SB RAS, Tomsk, 2010) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.E. Yu. Bezuglaya and I. V. Smirnov, Urban Air and Its Changes (Asterion, St.-Petersburg, 2008) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.S. N. Kotel’nikov, V. A. Milyaev, and E. V. Stepanov, “Ozone content in the surface air layer of resort towns and large cities,” in Problems of Environmental Monitoring and Ecosystem Simulation (Gidrometeoizdat, St.-Petersburg, 2004), vol. XIX, p. 64–71 [in Russian]Google Scholar