VUV radiation of heteronuclear dimers and its amplification in the plasma of high-voltage nanosecond discharges initiated by runaway electrons in Ar–Xe mixture
- 21 Downloads
Narrowband VUV radiation (near a wavelength of 147 nm), corresponding to the optical transition of a heteronuclear dimer ArXe*, was recorded from plasma formed during the excitation of an Ar–Xe mixture at a pressure of 400 mbar by a high-voltage nanosecond discharge initiated by runaway electrons. Amplifying properties of the discharge plasma related to this radiation were found.
KeywordsVUV radiation heteronuclear dimer homonuclear dimer high-voltage nanosecond discharge runaway electrons
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Excimer Lasers, Ed. by Ch.K Rhodes (Springer, Berlin, 1978).Google Scholar
- 5.Runaway Electrons Preionized Diffuse Discharges, Ed. by V.F. Tarasenko (Nova Science Publishers, Inc., New York, 2014).Google Scholar
- 13.M. I. Lomaev, D. A. Sorokin, and V. F. Tarasenko, “VUV radiation of the binary mixtures Ar–Xe and He–Xe during the diffuse nanosecond discharge in the nonuniform electric field,” Opt. Atmos. Okeana 25 3, 226–229 (2012).Google Scholar
- 14.F. Ya. Zagulov, A. S. Kotov, V. G. Shpak, Ya. Ya. Yurike, and M. I. Yalandin, “Radan—Small high-current pulsedperiodic electron accelerator,” Pribory Tekhn. Eksperim, No. 2, 146–149 (1989).Google Scholar
- 15.B. M. Smirnov, Atom and Ion Physics (Energoatomizdat, Moscow, 1986) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 17.Plasma Diagnostics, Ed. by V. Lochte-Holtgreven (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1968).Google Scholar