Estimate of the change in the effective beam width by the streamline method for axisymmetric laser beams in a turbulent atmosphere
- 22 Downloads
Results of studying how the initial distribution of the laser beam field affects the change in the effective width of the beam in the process of its propagation in a turbulent atmosphere are presented. The investigations are carried out using the method of streamlines of the average Poynting vector for axisymmetric light beams. The effective beam width in the receiving plane is studied depending on the shape of the initial intensity distribution and presence of the phase dislocation in the initial field. It is shown that parameters of ring and vortex beams can be chosen such that their effective width in the receiving plane will be less than for a Gaussian beam with the same initial effective width in the process of laser radiation propagation in a turbulent atmosphere.
Keywordsturbulence effective beam width streamlines mutual coherence function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. P. Aksenov, V. A. Banakh, V. V. Valuev, V. E. Zuev, V. V. Morozov, I. N. Smalikho, and R. Sh. Tsvyk, High-Power Laser Beams in a Randomly Inhomogeneous Atmosphere, Ed. by V. A. Banakh (Publishing House of SB RAS, Novosibirsk, 1998) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.V. A. Banakh and I. N. Smalikho, “Random shifts of laser beams in a turbulent atmosphere under thermal blooming,” Opt. Atmos. Okeana 1 9, 32–37 (1988).Google Scholar
- 5.I. P. Lukin, “Stability of coherent vortex Bessel beams during propagation in turbulent atmosphere,” Opt. Atmos. Okeana 27 5, 367–374 (2014).Google Scholar
- 6.A. V. Falits, “The wander and optical scintillation of focused Laguerre–Gaussian beams in turbulent atmosphere,” Opt. Atmos. Okeana 28 9, 763–771 (2015).Google Scholar
- 15.M. Abramovits and I. A. Stigan, Handbook of Mathematical Functions (Nauka, Moscow, 1979) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 16.V. L. Mironov, Laser Beam Propagation in a Turbulent Atmosphere (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1981) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 17.D. S. Rychkov and D. A. Marakasov, “Method for construction of current lines of the mean energy flow vector of a vortex beam in a turbulent atmosphere,” Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved. Fiz. 53 (9–3) (2010).Google Scholar
- 18.D. S. Rychkov and D. A. Marakasov, RF Certificate of State Registration of Computer Code no. 618254 (2012).Google Scholar
- 19.D. A. Marakasov and D. S. Rychkov, “Method of evaluation of mutual coherence function of an optical wave propagating in turbulent atmosphere,” Opt. Atmos. Okeana 23 9, 761–767 (2010).Google Scholar