Multiple filamentation of laser beams of different diameters in air along a 150-meter path
- 48 Downloads
Results of experiments on controlling the position and length of the filamentation region of femtosecond laser pulses along atmospheric paths 150 m long using different initial spatial focusing and defocusing are presented. The distribution of filaments over the filamentation region is found; the dependencies of the length of the filamentation region on the numerical aperture of a beam, its initial radius, and pulse power are derived. Emission spectra of targets made of different materials and placed in the filamentation region far from the radiation source are measured.
Keywordslaser radiation femtosecond pulse self-focusing filamentation atmosphere focusing defocusing spectrum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. E. Geints, A. A. Zemlyanov, A. M. Kabanov, and G. G. Matvienko, Nonlinear Femtosecond Atmospheric Optics, Ed. by A.A. Zemlyanov (Publishing House of IAO SB RAS, Tomsk, 2010) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.O. A. Bukin, M. Yu. Babii, S. S. Golik, A. A. Il’in, A. M. Kabanov, A. V. Kolesnikov, Yu. N. Kul’chin, V. V. Lisitsa, G. G. Matvienko, V. K. Oshlakov, and K. A. Shmirko, “Lidar sensing of the atmosphere with gigawatt laser pulses of femtosecond duration,” Quantum Electron. 44 (6), 563–570 (2014).ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 3.A. V. Mitrofanov, A. A. Voronin, D. A. Sidorov-Biryukov, G. Andriukaitis, T. Flury, A. Pugulys, A. B. Fedotov, J. M. Mikhailova, V. Ya. Panchenko, A. Baltuka, and A. M. Zheltikov, “Post-filament self-trapping of ultrashort laser pulses,” Opt. Lett. 39 (16), 4659–4662 (2014).ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.A. N. Iglakova, G. G. Matvienko, V. K. Oshlakov, V. E. Prokop’ev, and V. I. Timofeev, “Molecular and trace element analysis of leaves of green plants,” Opt. Atmos. Okeana 26 (11), 969–973 (2013).Google Scholar
- 6.D. V. Apeksimov, O. A. Bukin, E. E. Bykova, S. S. Golik, A. A. Zemlyanov, A. M. Kabanov, O. I. Kuchinskaya, G. G. Matvienko, V. K. Oshlakov, A. V. Petrov, and E. B. Sokolova, “Spatial characteristics of the filamentation region of gigawatt laser pulses at their various focusing along an atmospheric path,” Opt. Atmos. Okeana 27 (12), 1042–1046 (2014).Google Scholar
- 7.D. V. Apeksimov, A. A. Zemlyanov, A. N. Iglakova, A. M. Kabanov, O. I. Kuchinskaya, G. G. Matvienko, V. K. Oshlakov, and A. V. Petrov, “Filamentation of terawatt laser pulses along hundred-meter atmospheric paths,” Atmos. Ocean. Opt. 28 (4), 372–375.Google Scholar