Mathematical method for searching unknown point sources of gas and aerosol in the atmosphere
- 19 Downloads
A method for searching several hidden point sources of admixtures in the atmosphere is proposed. The sources can have different emission rates and be located at different points in space. The method is based on using the conjugate equation of turbulent diffusion. The effect of the number of test admixture concentration measurement points and inevitable errors in concentration measurements on the accuracy of the sought sources’ parameters is analyzed. Results of test calculations are presented.
Keywordsboundary layer of the atmosphere unknown point sources of admixtures conjugate equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. M. Desyatkov, S. R. Sarmanaev, A. I. Borodulin, S. S. Kotlyarova, and V. V. Selegei, “Determination of some characteristics of an aerosol pollution source by solving the inverse problem of pollutant spread in the atmosphere,” Atmos. Ocean. Opt. 12 (2), 136–139 (1999).Google Scholar
- 2.B. M. Desyatkov, S. R. Sarmanaev, A. I. Borodulin, and S. S. Kotlyarova, “Study of the method for determining characteristics of an instantaneous point source from the measured pollutant concentration,” Atmos. Ocean. Opt. 14 (6–7), 609–612 (2001).Google Scholar
- 3.A. I. Borodulin, B. M. Desyatkov, S. R. Sarmanaev, N. A. Lapteva, and A. A. Yarygin, “Errors in the emission rate estimated from solution of the inverse problem on the diffusion of an atmospheric pollutant,” Atmos. Ocean. Opt. 15 (5–6), 501–505 (2002).Google Scholar
- 4.B. M. Desyatkov, S. R. Sarmanaev, A. I. Borodulin, and S. S. Kotlyarova, “Taking account of dispersion of measured concentration values in the problems of searching for latent sources of atmospheric aerosol pollutants,” Atmos. Ocean. Opt. 16 (8), 761–764 (2003).Google Scholar
- 5.S. K. Godunov and V. S. Ryaben’kii, Differential Schemes (Nauka, Moscow, 1973) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.V. V. Penenko and A. E. Aloyan, Models and Methods for Problems of Environmental Control (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1985) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.B. M. Desyatkov, S. R. Sarmanaev, and A. I. Borodulin, “Numerical-analytical model of the aerosol transport in a thermally stratified boundary layer of the atmosphere,” Atmos. Ocean. Opt. 9 (6), 815–820 (1996).Google Scholar