On the accuracy and operation speed of RTM algorithms for atmospheric correction of satellite images in the visible and UV ranges
- 68 Downloads
Algorithms for retrieving the reflection coefficient of the Earth’s surface from satellite measurement data are proposed. They permit one to take into account the main components of the radiation forming the Earth’s surface image with different degrees of accuracy. The algorithms include solving the radiative transfer equation by use of the theory of linear systems, the Monte Carlo method, approximation formulas, and the image isoplanarity criterion. The algorithms were validated based on numerical experiments and comparisons with calculation results obtained by other authors.
KeywordsReflection Coefficient Oceanic Optic Satellite System Atmospheric Correction Radiative Transfer Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.V. V. Belov, B. D. Borisov, and I. Yu. Makushkina, “Some regularities in generation of light illumination interference in vision systems,” Opt. Atmosf. 1(2), 18–24 (1988).Google Scholar
- 4.K. T. Protasov, L. A. Busygin, and V. V. Belov, “The method of transform histograms of brightness, as well as wavelet-correction of satellite image atmospheric distortions,” Opt. Atmosf. Okeana 23(2), 136–142 (2010).Google Scholar
- 6.E. F. Vermote and A. Vermeulen, http://modis.gsfc.nasa.gov//atbd/atbd_nod08.pdf
- 9.V. E. Zuev, V. V. Belov, and V. V. Veretennikov, Theory of Systems in the Optics of Disperse Media (Spektr, Tomsk, 1997) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.S. V. Afonin, V. V. Belov, and D. V. Solomatov, “Solution of problems of the temperature monitoring of the Earth’s surface from space on the basis of the RTM method,” Atmos. Ocean. Opt. 21(12), 921–927 (2008).Google Scholar
- 14.V. V. Belov, M. V. Tarasenkov, and K. P. Piskunov, “Parametrical model of solar haze intensity in the visible and UV ranges of the spectrum,” Opt. Atmosf. Okeana 23(4), 294–297 (2010).Google Scholar
- 15.F. X. Kneizys, E. P. Shettle, G. P. Anderson, L.W. Abreu, J. H. Chetwynd, J. E. A. Selby, S. A. Clough, and W. O. Gallery, User guide to LOWTRAN-7 (Air Force Geophysic Laboratory, Massachusetts, 1989).Google Scholar