The influence of solar eclipse on the processes in the atmospheric boundary layer
- 24 Downloads
The effects of an eclipse on the atmospheric boundary layer in Novosibirsk are studied in a period of total solar eclipse on August 1, 2008. Variations caused by the eclipse of the temperature near the ground, vertical temperature profiles in the atmospheric boundary layer, and turbulence parameters are determined. Variations of the total water vapor content and aerosol parameters in the near-ground atmospheric layer during the solar eclipse are analyzed.
KeywordsAtmospheric Boundary Layer Oceanic Optic Solar Eclipse Microwave Radiom Eter Total Solar Eclipse
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. I. Gorchakov, E. N. Kadygrov, A. A. Isakov, A. V. Karpov, and E. A. Miller, “Influence of a Solar Eclipse on Thermal Stratification and the Turbulence Regime,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk 417, 142–145 (2007).Google Scholar
- 2.G. I. Gorchakov, E. N. Kadygrov, Z. V. Kortunova, A. A. Isakov, A. V. Karpov, V. M. Kopeikin, and E. A. Miller, “Eclipce Effects in the Atmospheric Boundary Layer,” Izv. RAN, Fiz. Atmosf. Okeana 44, 104–111 (2008).Google Scholar
- 3.G. I. Gorchakov, A. K. Petrov, A. A. Isakov, E. N. Kadygrov, A. V. Karpov, A. S. Kozlov, V. M. Kopeikin, G. A. Kurbatov, S. B. Malyshkin, E. A. Miller, and A. V. Troitskii, “Influence of a Solar Eclipse on Processes in Atmospheric Surface and Boundary Layers,” in Proc. of the 15th Conf. on Aerosols of Siberia (IOA SO RAN, Tomsk, 2008), pp. 41–42.Google Scholar
- 5.V. A. Gladkikh, I. V. Nevzorova, S. L. Odintsov, and V. A. Fedorov, “Analysis of Wind-Field Stratification in the Lower Atmospheric Layer on the Coast of Baikal,” Opt. Atmosf. Okeana 15, 902–908 (2002).Google Scholar
- 6.A. A. Isakov, “Compact Spectronephelometer for Investigation of Ground Aerosol,” in Proc. of the Conf. on Natural and Antropoge Aerosols (SPb. Gos. Univ., St.-Petersbourg, 2008), pp. 37–38.Google Scholar
- 7.V. A. Rassadovskii and A. V. Troitskii, “Determination of Humidity Content in Atmosphere by Differential Dual Frequency Measurements of Microwave Radiation,” Izv. AN SSSR, Fiz. Atmosf. Okeana 20, 566–574 (1984).Google Scholar
- 8.L. T. Matveev, Course of General Meteorology (Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad, 1976) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.L. F. Chernogor, “Effects of Solar Eclipces in the Surface Atmosphere,” Izv. RAN, Fiz. Atmosf. Okeana 44, 467–482 (2008).Google Scholar
- 10.G. V. Rozenberg, Twilight (Fizmatgiz, Moscow, 1963) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.V. V. Adushkin, B. G. Gavrilov, Gorely K. I. I, V. D. Karakchiev, Yu. S. Rybnov, and V. A. Kharlamov, Influence of a Solar Eclipse on Geophysical Processes in the System of Geospheres, in Geophysics of Intergeosphere Interactions (GEOS, Moscow, 2008), pp. 301–313.Google Scholar