On the possibility of reduction of the scattering background in passive vision systems during observation of objects emitting polarized light
Equipment and Methods of Environment Diagnostics
- 25 Downloads
We consider a simple method that considerably reduces the effect of the scattering background of a medium during observation of spatial self-luminous objects emitting polarized light.
KeywordsOceanic Optic Scattered Radiation Transmitted Radiation Turbid Medium Optical Transfer Function
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Y. Y. Schechner, S. G. Narasimhan, and S. N. Nayar, “Instant Dehazing of Images Using Polarization,” Proc. Comput. Vision Pattern Recognit. 1, 325–332 (2001).Google Scholar
- 4.Y. Y. Schechner and N. Karpel, “Recovering Scenes by Polarization Analysis,” in Proc. of the MTS, IEEE Oceans’04 (2004), Vol. 3, pp. 1255–1261.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Born and E. Wolf, The Principles of Optics (Nauka, Moscow, 1970; 6th ed., Cambridge Univ., Cambridge, 1999).Google Scholar
- 6.V. E. Zuev and M. V. Kabanov, The Transfer of Optical Signals in the Earth Atmosphere (under Conditions of Interference) (Sov. Radio, Moscow, 1977) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.D. Deirmendjian, Electromagnetic Scattering on Spherical Polydispersions (Amer. Elsevier, New York, 1969; Mir, Moscow, 1971).Google Scholar
- 10.Applied Optics and Optical Engineering, Vol. 10, Ed. by R. Shannon and J. C. Wyant (Academic, New York, 1987; Mir, Moscow, 1983).Google Scholar
- 11.B. D. Borisov and P. G. Stafeev, Design of Program Means for Image Formation of Weak Intencity Objects,“ in Proc. of the 16th Intern. Symp., Tomsk, Oct. 2009 (IOA SO RAN, Tomsk, 2009), Pp. 234–237.Google Scholar
- 12.B. D. Borisov, “On the Statistics of Scattering Backgrounds for Threshold Images,” Opt. Atmosf. Okeana 20, 859–862 (2007) [Atmos. Ocean. Opt. 20, 20 (2009)].Google Scholar
- 13.B. D. Borisov, “Impact of Disperse Medium on the Image Character of a Weakly Intense Object with Low Contrast,” Opt. Atmosf. Okeana 22, 126–131 (2009) [Atmos. Ocean. Opt. 22, 971 (2007)].Google Scholar
© Pleiades Publishing, Ltd. 2010