Experimental study by the IR spectroscopy method of the interaction between ethylene and nanopores of various densities
- 34 Downloads
The combination vibrational bands ν5 + ν9 and ν1 + ν11 of ethylene absorption adsorbed by silica aerogel nanopores of different densities have been studied for the first time in the 5700- to 6300-cm−1 spectral region. The conducted measurements show significant differences between the spectra of ethylene in aerogels and ethylene in the gas phase, which consist of the change of the absorption band shapes, the shift of the band frequency, and the increase of the absorption intensity. It was concluded that in the studied pressure range of 88–952 mbar, the adsorbed ethylene is in the same structural state.
KeywordsZeolite Ethylene Absorption Aerogel Sample Adsorbed Ethylene Silica Dioxide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. Little, Infrared Spectra of Adsorbed Molecules (Academic, New York, 1966; Mir, Moscow, 1969).Google Scholar
- 2.A. I. Gusev, Nanomaterials, Nanostructures, Nanotechnologies (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2007) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.S. Namuangruk, P. Pantu, and J. Limtrakul, “Investigation of Ethylene Dimerization over Faujasite Zeolite by the ONIOM Method,” Chem. Phys. Chem. 6(7), 1333–1339 (2005).Google Scholar
- 14.Yu. N. Kharzheev, “Use of Silica Aerogels in Cherenkov Counters,” Fiz. Elem. Chastits At. Yadra 39(1), 271–325 (2008) [Phys. Part. Nucl. 39, 107 (2008)].Google Scholar
- 17.Yu. N. Ronomarev, T. M. Retrova, A. M. Solodov, and A. A. Solodov, “Spectroscopic Properties of Some Atmospheric Gases in Aerogel Nanopores,” in Proc. of the 16th Intern. Symp. on High Resolution Molecular Spectroscopy, Pos. Listvyanka, July, 2009, p. 171.Google Scholar