Bessel-Gaussian beam phase fluctuations in randomly inhomogeneous media
- 71 Downloads
Bessel-Gaussian beam phase fluctuations in randomly inhomogeneous media are studied. The results of calculations by the method of smooth perturbations of the variance of phase fluctuations of the above type of beams in the turbulent atmosphere are presented. The effect of the relative weakening of Bessel-Gaussian beam phase fluctuations in comparison with the case of a plane wave is revealed. A weak dependence of the phase fluctuation variance on the parameters of the Gaussian beam factor is observed. Gaussian beam phase fluctuations are spatially inhomogeneous: the ratio of the variances of the beam phase fluctuations at an out-of-optical-axis point to those at its optical axis is minimum in the Bessel beam maxima and maximum in the minima.
KeywordsGaussian Beam Inhomogeneous Medium Turbulent Atmosphere Bessel Beam Phase Fluctuation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. M. Rytov, Yu. A. Kravtsov, and V. I. Tatarskii, Introduction to Statistical Radiophysics, Pt. 2. Random Fields (Nauka, Moscow, 1978) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.L. A. Chernov, Wave Propagation in a Random Medium (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1960; Nauka, Moscow, 1975).Google Scholar
- 3.V. I. Tatarskii, Wave Propagation in a Turbulent Medium (McGraw-Hill New York, 1961; Nauka, Moscow, 1967).Google Scholar
- 4.A. S. Gurvich, A. I. Kon, V. L. Mironov, and S. S. Khmelevtsov, Laser Radiation in the Turbulent Atmosphere (Nauka, Moscow, 1976) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.M. S. Belen’kii, V. P. Lukin, V. L. Mironov, and V. V. Pokasov, Coherence of Laser Beams in the Atmosphere (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1985) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.I. P. Lukin, “Light-Wave Fluctuations in a Dispersive Medium,” Kvantov. Elektron. 6, 1756–1760 (1979) [Sov. J. Quantum. Electron. 6, 1033 (1979)].Google Scholar
- 7.I. P. Lukin, “Correlation of Fluctuations of Frequency-Separated Waves in a Scattering Medium,” Opt. Spektrosk. 51, 1083–1087 (1981) [Opt. Spectrosc. 51, 598 (1981)].Google Scholar
- 8.I. P. Lukin, “Optic Waves Fluctuations Reflected by Mirror Objects in Scattering Atmosphere,” Opt. Atmosf. 2, 21–27 (1989).Google Scholar
- 22.Y. Baykal, H. T. Eyyuboglu, and Y. Cai, “Effect of Beam Type on the Scintillations: A Review,” Proc. SPIE 7200, 720002-1–15 (2009).Google Scholar