Problem of centers of mass within the problem of the contour of spectral lines. 1. Existence of long trajectories
- 18 Downloads
The issue of the renunciation of the long-wave approximation for the centers of mass of molecules in the derivation of the formula for the absorption coefficient is discussed. In this case, in the formula for the absorption coefficient additional operators related to the field wave vector and to the coordinates of the center of mass appear. Their presence results in the appearance of relationships between the absorption coefficients and shifted frequencies; these relationships are called sum rules. Formulas for them in terms of commutators of additional operators with the Hamiltonian of the light-absorbing molecule have been derived. A “drift” hypothesis is presented, which describes the appearance of “long” trajectories going beyond the elementary volume.
KeywordsSpectral Line Active Molecule Local Thermodynamic Equilibrium Spatial Dispersion Active Collision
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. I. Nesmelova, O. B. Rodimova, and S. D. Tvorogov, Kontur spektral’noi linii i mezhmolekulyarnoe vzaimodeistvie (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1986) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.M. V. Tonkov and N. N. Filippov, Influence of molecular interactions on the form of the vibrational-rotational bands in the spectra of gases: properties of the spectral function, Opt. Spektrosk. 54(5), 801 (1983) [Opt. Spectrosc. 54 (5), 475–478 (1983)].Google Scholar
- 4.V. I. Smirnov, Kurs vysshei matematiki. T. 3 (Nauka, Moscow, 1974), Part 1 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Course of Theoretical Physics, Vol. 8: Electrodynamics of Continuous Media (Nauka, Moscow, 1982; Pergamon, New York, 1984).Google Scholar
- 6.D. I. Blokhintsev, Osnovy kvantovoi mekhaniki (Vysshaya shkola, Moscow, 1963) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.L. I. Nesmelova, S. D. Tvorogov, and V. V. Fomin, Spektroskopiya kryl’ev linii (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1977) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.B. G. Ageev, E. P. Gordov, Yu. N. Ponomarev, and S. D. Tvorogov, A study of nonlinear spectroscopic effects during the interaction between CO2 laser emission and atmospheric gases, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Fiz. 49(3), 459–465 (1985).Google Scholar
- 12.B. G. Ageev, Yu. N. Ponomarev, and B. A. Tikhomirov, Nelineinaya optiko-akusticheskaya spektroskopiya molekulyarnykh gazov (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1987) [in Russian].Google Scholar