Allelic variation at high-molecular-weight glutenin subunit loci in Aegilops biuncialis Vis.
- 41 Downloads
Alleles at the high-molecular-weight glutenin subunit loci Glu-U1 and Glu-Mb1 were analyzed in the tetraploid species Aegilops biuncialis (UUMbMb). The material for the investigation included the collection of 39 accessions of Ae. biuncialis from Ukraine (the Crimea), one Hellenic accession, one accession of unknown origin, F2 seeds from different crosses, as well as samples from natural populations from the Crimea. Ae. umbellulata and Ae. comosa accessions were used to allocate components of the HMW glutenin subunit patterns of Ae. biuncialis to U or Mb genomes. Eight alleles were identified at the Glu-U1 locus and ten alleles were revealed at the Glu-Mb1 locus. Among alleles at the Glu-Mb1 locus of Ae. biuncialis there were two alleles controlling the y-type subunit only and one allele encoding the x-subunit only.
- 1.Friebe, B., Raupp, W.J., and Gill, B.S., Alien Genes in Wheat Improvement, Wheat in a Global Environment, Proc. 6th Int. Wheat Conference, Budapest, Bedo, Z. and Lang, L., Eds., Dordrecht: Kluwer, 2001, pp. 709–720.Google Scholar
- 6.Lawrence, G.J. and Shepherd, K.W., Chromosomal Locations of Genes Controlling Seed Proteins in Species Related to Wheat, Theor. Appl. Genet., 1981, vol. 59, pp. 25–31.Google Scholar
- 7.Payne, P.I. and Lawrence, G., Catalogue of Alleles for the Complex Gene Loci, Glu-A1, Glu-B1, Glu-D1 Which Code for High-Molecular-Weight Subunits of Glutenin in Hexaploid Wheat, Cereal Res. Commun., 1983, vol. 11, pp. 29–34.Google Scholar
- 8.Mac Gene, Gene Symbols, Gene Classes and References, 2005, http://shigen.lab.nig.ac.jp/wheat/komugi/genes/macgene/2005/GeneSymbol.pdf, http://shigen.lab. nig.ac.jp/wheat/komugi/genes/macgene/2005/GeneClasses.pdf, http://shigen.lab.nig.ac.jp/wheat/komugi/genes/macgene/2005/References.pdf.
- 13.Tsvelev, N.N., Zlaki SSSR (Grasses of the Soviet Union), Leningrad: Nauka, 1976.Google Scholar
- 14.Kimber, G. and Feldman, M., Wild Wheat: An Introduction, Special Report 353, College of Agriculture Univ. Missouri, 1987.Google Scholar
- 15.Boguslavskii, R.L. and Golik, O.V., Aegilops L. kak geneticheskii resurs selektsii (Aegilops L. as a Genetic Resource for Breeding), Kharkov, 2004.Google Scholar
- 18.Rokitskii, P.F., Biologicheskaya statistika (Biological Statistics), Minsk: Vysheishaya shkola, 1973.Google Scholar