Strategic partnership in the context of Russian–Latin American relations
- 48 Downloads
The general context that determines Russia’s cooperation with the countries of the Latin American region at the current qualitative stage and the imperatives that drive the foreign economic and political interests of the Russian Federation and its counterparts, creating in certain situations prerequisites for strategic partnership, are characterized. The countries of Latin–Caribbean America provide us with an important alternative for the diversification of foreign economic relations and political cooperation, as well as for seeking additional reference points to position Russia in the international arena. In the present-day conditions, this is an especially valuable strategic circumstance. Sharing to an extent the concept of a polycentric world order, which widens the range for maneuvering in the world arena in choosing development models, the countries of this region objectively approach Russia in understanding the imperative of restructuring global regulatory mechanisms in line with the 21st-century realities. We are equally interested in democratizing access to these mechanisms and in the constructive interaction of global and regional institutions. Alongside the bilateral format of coordinating positions on these issues, informative dialogue using structures like BRICS is becoming increasingly effective.
KeywordsLatin America Russian–Latin American relations strategic partnership global regulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Global Governance: Opportunities and Risks, Ed. by V. G. Baranovskii and N. I. Ivanova (IMEMO RAN, Moscow, 2015) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.V. M. Davydov, Latin–Caribbean America in the Contemporary Context and Russia’s Guidelines in Relations with the Region’s Countries (ILA RAN, Moscow, 2013) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.España, plataforma para las inversiones y sedes de empresas multilatinas en Europa, África y Oriente Medio (ICEX, Madrid, 2015), p. 3.Google Scholar
- 4.http://forodesaopauloorg/declaracion-final-del-xxiencuentro-del-foro-de-sao-paulo-en-la-ciudad-demexico-df. Cited February 22, 2016.Google Scholar
- 5.Relaciones ruso-mexicanas: fundamentos tradicionales e imperativos de renovación (Consejo Ruso de Asuntos Internacionales, Moscú, 2015).Google Scholar