Ion-exchange membranes in gold electowinning processes on flow-through carbon fiber electrodes
- 26 Downloads
The change in the properties of ion-exchange membranes preventing the negative effect of anodic reaction products on the electrowinning of gold on carbon fiber cathodes from (1) sulfuric acid thiourea eluates formed during the extraction of gold from ores and (2) citrate–phosphate washing solutions from gold plating of electronic components has been studied. By using electron microscopy, microanalysis, and atomic absorption spectroscopy, it has been shown that the main cause of the change in the properties of the membranes during their operation is the inclusion of components of the solutions subjected to treatment and the products of electrode reactions in the membrane. The service life of the membranes in said processes has been determined.
Keywordsion-exchange membranes properties carbon fiber electrodes thiourea sulfate eluates citrate–phosphate solutions electron probe microanalysis electrowinning gold nonferrous metals sulfur
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. K. Varentsov, Izv. Sib. Otd. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim. Nauk, 17 (6), 106 (1984).Google Scholar
- 2.V. K. Varentsov, Khim. Interesah Ustoich. Razvit., No. 2, 147 (1997).Google Scholar
- 3.V. K. Varentsov, Modern Problems of Technical Electrochemistry: Electrochemical Reactors and Processes with Flow-Through Carbon Electrodes (NGTU, Novosibirsk, 2007) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.V. K. Varentsov, Modern Problems of Technical Electrochemistry: Electrolysis with Flow-Through Carbon Electrodes in Electroplating (NGTU, Novosibirsk, 2006) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.I. Gadzhov, D. Lilova, and K. Ignatova, J. Chem. Technol. Metall. 50, 44 (2015).Google Scholar
- 10.I. D. Fridman, L. E. Pochkina, and Z. P. Zdorova, Tsvetn. Met. (Moscow), No. 8, 70 (1970).Google Scholar
- 11.B. N. Laskorin, V. I. Vyalkov, and V. V. Dobroskokin, in Gold Hydrometallurgy (Nauka, Moscow, 1980), p. 76 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.N. A. Kononenko and N. P. Berezina, Membranes and Membrane Technologies, Ed. by A. B. Yaroslavtsev (Nauchnyi Mir, Moscow, 2013, p. 402 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 13.V. K. Varentsov and M. V. Pevnitskaya, Izv. Sib. Otd. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim. Nauk, No. 2, 139 (1972).Google Scholar
- 14.N. P. Gnusin, N. P. Berezina, L. V. Karpenko, and O. A. Demina, Russ. J. Electrochem. 32, 154 (1996).Google Scholar
- 15.V. M. Zabolotskii and V. V. Nikonenko, Ion Transport in Membranes (Nauka, Moscow, 1996) [in Russian].Google Scholar