Effect of Base Oil Composition on the Low-Temperature Properties of Polyurea Greases
The influence of the base oil composition on the low-temperature properties of polyurea grease has been studied. Low-viscosity mineral, hydrotreated, and synthetic polyalphaolefin base oils have been used as a dispersion medium for polyurea grease samples. The fractional and group compositions of these base oils have been determined. The effect of the fractional and group compositions on the thickening power of the polyurea thickener and on the low-temperature and tribological properties of the lubricating greases has been examined.
Keywordspolyurea thickener dispersion medium low-viscosity base oil thickening power fractional composition group composition working temperature range of greases
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. M. Danilov, Neftepererab. Neftekhim. Prom-st’, No. 6, 65 (1995).Google Scholar
- 2.C. Kernizan and J. Lorimor, White Pap. Lubr. 13/14, 12 (2013).Google Scholar
- 4.A. M. Danilov, Introduction to Chemmotology (Tekhnika, Moscow, 2003) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.Ya. I. Borisenko and Yu. L. Ishchuk, Khim. Tekhnol. Topl. Masel 40 (6), 45 (2004).Google Scholar
- 9.V. A. Zavorotnyi, A. Yu. Kilyakova, M. V. Garshin, et al., Zashch. Okruzh. Sredy Neftegaz. Kompl., No. 4, 36 (2017).Google Scholar
- 10.D. Klamann, Lubricants and Related Products: Synthesis, Properties, Applications, International Standards (Wiley–VCH, Weinheim, 1984).Google Scholar
- 11.Cutting-Edge Directions of Scientific Research: From Theory to Practice: Proceedings of V International Scientific–Practical Conference (Cheboksary, June 26, 2015), Ed. by O.N. Shirokov (TsNT Interaktiv Plyus, Cheboksary, 2015) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.I. G. Anisimov, K. M. Badyshtova, and S. A. Bnatov, Handbook of Fuels, Lubricants, and Technical Fluids: Assortment and Use, Ed. by V. M. Shkol’nikov (Tekhinform, Moscow, 1999) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 13.O. N. Tsvetkov, Poly-α-olefin Oils; Chemistry, Technology, and Applications (Tekhnika, Moscow, 2006) [in Russian].Google Scholar