Effect of thermal annealing on the structural and conducting properties of zinc nanotubes synthesized in the matrix of track-etched membranes
- 27 Downloads
Results of studies of the effect of thermal annealing on the structural and conducting properties of ordered arrays of zinc nanotubes prepared by electrochemical deposition in track-etched membranes based on polyethylene terephthalate (PET) have been described. The dimensions, chemical composition, and crystal structure of the synthesized samples have been integrally analyzed using scanning electron microscopy, X-ray diffraction, and energy dispersive analysis. It has been shown that the thermal annealing of zinc-based nanotubes makes it possible to control the formation of an oxide phase in the nanostructures. The presence of the ZnO oxide phase in an amount of no more than 10 wt % leads to a decrease in the resistivity and an increase in the conductivity. In addition, by changing the crystal structure of Zn nanotubes by thermal annealing, it is possible to prepare ordered arrays of n-type semiconductors with considerable prospects of widespread use in nanoelectronics and nanooptics.
Keywordstrack-etched membranes template synthesis zinc nanotubes heat treatment conductivity of nanotubes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Asomoza, H. Malodonado, M. D. Olvera, et al., J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Electron. 11, 383 (2000).Google Scholar
- 2.Q. J. Li, Appl. Polym. Sci. 103, 41 (2006).Google Scholar
- 6.J. M. Thomas, Trans. Faraday Soc. 63, 4 (1967).Google Scholar
- 7.Theory of Defects in Semiconductors, Ed. by D. A. Drabold and S. Estreicher (Springer, Berlin, 2007).Google Scholar
- 8.M. B. Muradov, in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Lasers and Their Application (Tehran, 1993), p. 179.Google Scholar
- 14.A. Kaur and R. P. Chauhan, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 24, 4302 (2013).Google Scholar
- 15.S. Kumar, A. Vohra, and S. K. J. Chakarvarti, Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 24, 711 (2013).Google Scholar
- 16.R. S. Madatov, T. B. Tadiev, I. A. Gabulov, et al., Semicond. Phys. Quant. Electron. Optoelectron. 6, 278 (2003).Google Scholar