Analytical assessment of optical coefficients of a semitransparent spherical particle
- 2 Downloads
The optical properties (absorptance, transmittance, and reflectance) of a spherical particle are analyzed when its diameter is much larger than the wavelength of monochromatic radiation. To do this, previously obtained solution of the integral equation of monochromatic radiation is used. The agreement of calculations with experimental data ob-tained for leucosapphire is shown.
Keywordsspherical particle leucosapphire absorptance transmittance reflectance absorption coefficient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.M.N. Ozisik, Radiative Transfer and Interactions with Conduction and Convection, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1973.Google Scholar
- 3.S.P. Rusin, About application of large particle approximation for determination of radiative characteristics of dis-persed systems of coke and fly ash, Izv. SO RAN, Sib. Fiz.Tekh. Zhur., 1993, No. 4, P. 85–92.Google Scholar
- 4.L.A. Dombrovsky, Radiation of a spherical particle of semitransparent material, High Temperature, 1999, Vol. 37, No. 3, P. 260–269.Google Scholar
- 7.A.B. Shigapov, The optical properties of aluminum oxide at high temperatures, High Temperature, 1998, Vol. 36, No. 1, P. 35–39.Google Scholar
- 8.N.A. Rubtsov and A.A. Emelyanov, Experimental Investigation of Optical Properties of the Flow of Aluminum Oxide Particles at High Temperatures, Preprint 25-78, IT SO AN USSR, Novosibirsk, 1978.Google Scholar
- 9.N.A. Rubtsov, E.I. Averkov, and A.A. Emelyanov, Properties of Thermal Radiation of Condensed Materials, IT SO AN USSR, Novosibirsk, 1988.Google Scholar